I, Robot

Playaa

when I first saw the previews for this film, I told my friends "if they do this right, it could be one of the greatest sci-fi films ever". Well, that was before I knew that Isaac Asimov actually wrote a book of short stories called..."I, Robot". (the movie is only based off of the book)

So yeah, they already had the story then...so basically the acting and the presentation would be the main areas to screw up.

Just saw it today...and I gotta say....giving it at LEAST a 9/10...possibly a 9.5 depending upon how I feel seeing it a 2nd time (which I will no doubt do).

Will Smith is always an excellent actor in my mind because he can be funny, serious, and pretty much everything you throw at him.

The robots in this film were pretty good CGI...as in I rarely had to think about them being CGI...not as good as Gollum, but 10 times better than Jar-Jar Binks.

I want to just rave about this film...but I'd give away spoilers...

simply put...I believe this movie is DEFINATLY going to be a classic sci-fi...it seemed ALOT about the characters and the storytelling but it still threw in the "cool" scenes and jokes. The movie didn't excite me as much as the Matrix did the first time...but I'd watch this film 10 times before watching the 2nd and 3rd Matrix movies any day.

yeah...go see this one

When I saw the previews it looked like an ok movie. It didn't look like it'd be that good, but it looked entertaining.

Saw it yesterday... I guess I'd give it an 80/100, much better than I expected.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Will Smith is the same character in every single movie...

This'll probally be a renter for me.

Negative on the "same role" thing...ever seen "Six Degrees of Separation"? Not the same role at all...at all.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Negative on the "same role" thing...ever seen "Six Degrees of Separation"? Not the same role at all...at all.

Is that the movie where they try to prove the theory that every person is related to every other person by 6 people? I had a teacher talk about it once, but I've never seen it myself..

Well, look at these:

Bad Boys, Bad Boys II, MIB, MIB II, Independance Day and Wild Wild West.

He was a bit of a baby with a tough side that made the occasional joke.

Just something I've noticed over the years =O.

I can agree that Will Smith does play very similar roles in pretty much everything he's in.

I'll totally disagree on whether I care or not...I go to movies to be entertained...Will Smith is always entertaining.

nuff said

lol saw it yesterday during the day alone...i hate going to the movies at night or on weekends ( too many people that talk durring the movie if you ask me ) but yea i freaking loved it and will def see it again. i still cant get over the part where he sneezes and says oh im sorry im alergic to BS. haha i loved that part.

lol saw it yesterday during the day alone...i hate going to the movies at night or on weekends ( too many people that talk durring the movie if you ask me ) but yea i freaking loved it and will def see it again. i still cant get over the part where he sneezes and says oh im sorry im alergic to BS. haha i loved that part.

Maitre D' over mic: "Mr. Dennis...party of one...your table is ready".

j/k bro! :P;):peace::boing:

hehe for some reason i see almost all movies twice once with my friends and once by myself......im serious going alone during the day around here you can actually watch the movie and get into it w/o all those dumb kids.

I can agree that Will Smith does play very similar roles in pretty much everything he's in.

I'll totally disagree on whether I care or not...I go to movies to be entertained...Will Smith is always entertaining.

nuff said

ditto...trying to find a time to go see it, so busy lately :(

and I love going to movies alone...on an off Friday. :)

I actually heard on the radio today that Will went to a bunch of psychiatrists to get the scoop on the "sole survivor" syndrome.. They went into his adjustments a bit.. Paranoia was one of the characteristics he supposedly tried to incorporate.. NOt seeing it, I don't know how well he did. Looks like a good movie. How was the shower scene? o0o

Saw it last night. After the horrible King Arthur last week we were hoping for a good movie. We were not let down. This movie was a great "big screen" flick. The acting was good, the special effects were out-of-this-world, there were some good laughs and the action scenes were quite well done and made the viewer feel involved.

The only part none of us liked was one of the end scenes with some type of homage to ID4 that just felt out of place.

Other then that I highly recommend parting with the $6.50 student price (we are all students of life)...

We gave it an 85/100

• 2 weeks later...

It was great, and the two or three small twists in the plot make me feel happy to give it 86/100. Will Smith was in his element, and the movie really had a "blockbuster" feel to it with the action and amazing special effects. The coolest thing about the special effects is that they were not totally blown out of proportion...they really seemed plausable. Interesting story and very decent acting made this a summer "must see".

Yeah, when I went back to see it with friends, I watched for the product placements he was talking about. Advertising is taking over the world. They've already begun throwing little advertisments for products in games. Driv3r was covered in Sobe ads.

It is the new wave of commercials. There was an article not long ago showing the decline in people watching commercials. Many TIVO or record shows nowadays and skip all the commercials so the companies are turning to other areas to get their name out.

I dislike commercials a lot but without them there would be no good television shows. I do like to see how they work in some advertisements into shows, like the "coca-cola insignia" shaped couch on American Idol.