Everquest 2

Kenger

Kenger, if you're into it and feel it's worthy, we could host a forum for EQ...part for actual help for you players, the other part for therapy so we can keep an eye on our regulars in case they start slippin....then we can grab em before it's too late!

soul, a few of the doh and dlm guys are planning on playing also, so maybe we could all pick a server after it is released and play together. This goes for anyone else who is going to take the chance and try it out also, but thats a given i hope :P . But be warned it consumes a lot of time and a lot of patience. Like everyone says it is very addicting.

I am thinking about playing a barberian warrior or a shaman. Not 100% because i still like the ranger aspect of sitting back and shooting arrows.

I tried and tried to get into CoH. It just bored me though. Hard to communicate with others with the crappy chat interface and just not enough fun content.

Anyone want to buy a copy with three characters? Level 8 controller, level 6 blaster, level 3 scrapper?

The majority of the servers are not PVP, last time I played EQ there were 3 PVP servers and 15-18 regular PVE.

Not many people like PVP, I personally think it takes the fun out of the game when you have a bunch of idiot kids always griefing everyone which always happens in PVP.

pvpers are not skill. pvp and pve is a dif enviroment. Ya its the same, but its totally different. Its kinda like saying cs is like cod. negative. i sux at cs and i am pretty good at cod.

pve is challenging because the EverQuest team is constanly making stronger people, and worlds harder to beat. I like the idea of pvp at times, but when i am sitting in a hunting party minding my own business getting xp and some guy 25 levels higher then me comes and wacks me with a bamboo stick and i die, well thats a little frustrating... running back out to where i died to loot my corpse and find all my money gone.

I don't dislike pvp'rs but i am not one of them and many are not. Thats why they seperate us, and i think that idea was great for EQ, and it will probally continue in EQ2

Kenger said it quite well.

I will continue to stereotype them though, most of the PvP people I have known are idiot kids that just like to cause problems for others.

If you want PvP there is a server for you so go have some fun, if that is your kind of fun.

A PvP'er will kick the living poop out of a PvE'er.

That is just a wrong statement. Because someone prefers PvE over PvP does not mean one is a better player then the other.

As for WoW, they will be separate servers there I heard, some will have areas for PvP though but true PvP servers will be separated.

Im currently playing the WoW beta.

Its captured me.

WoW has good PvP. PVP server and non PvP server.

If you go to a Horde zone, you can only attack people who attack you first. Likewise if Horde come into alliance. There are contested zones where everyone is fair game.

I sighed up for EQ beta, no word yet.

Eq2 beta should sending out emails in september and october. I think they are planning on releasing it before christmas with a few bugs, but they will patch them with a big patch in January. If they miss Christmas time it may hurt revenue, and also the fact that WoW is suppose to release in November is putting a lot of presure on them.

I hope i get accepted into beta, would be my first one :boing:

I hear there will be no pvp in EQ2. Only pve. And I hear there are no plans on pvp at this time. I have pre-ordered EQ2 and we already have a group of @28 members waiting to log in and form our clan. We are currently deciding on good or evil, freeport or qeynos. We are thinking over guild names and what classes everyone is going to be in the next few weeks.

If you are going to play EQ2 and want to be in a good guild who has an old EQ member base. I MIGHT be able to get you in.

I had EQ the day it came out and played for years. I had a 64 monk and a 62 druid when I pretty much gave it up.

Get with me!

:P

(edited)

im me sometime, i just bought a new cpu to play it. Hopefully i can run all the cool gfx with it.

my aim is kenger22. send me a link to ur website or whereever you guys chit chat. I played after kunark and until GoD.

65 cleric, 65 ranger, 18 warrior haha. my warrior was first ever character.

Edited by Kenger