OS requirements

Penty

Well I guess I won't be playing Doom III until next spring when I build by Opteron Box. My current system is 98SE and I refuse to go through the hassle of rebuilding right now.

I personaly run xp professional, had 98se prior to that and never did do 2000 except all the pc's at school had 2000 on them. I really enjoy xp though. Runs fine for me.

oh btw penty, you sound just like me. I held onto 98SE dragging my feet....very stable, never had issues...was always like: why should i change, i love it?

it was all worth it to me.

dude, say that: 98. they do hours on the radio from the 90's now....

I wish they could have been ahead of schedule instead of behind.

AMD had a huge chance to gain some points with the enthusiast crowd if they could have had a version of XP shipping by now.

I hope they are working with game/software developers that can actually use the OS too.

Sux that SP2 was delayed cause it would also help out AMD. It has some built in code that uses the no execute anti hax0r stuff in the 64bit processors.

Intel could easily launch a 64 bit consumer processor now though so it doesn't matter when it comes out as far as AMD's marketing team is concerned.

windows 3.1 is when i got interest in pc's. had every windows os since. I like XP Pro the best, been using it for a few years now.

AMD had a huge chance to gain some points with the enthusiast crowd if they could have had a version of XP shipping by now.

so very true, not that enthusiast's aren't already migrating to AMD ;)

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/other/display...0728075703.html

maybe things will turn around soon.

I think my MoBo wont support 64bit, so I will go with a really nice XP sometime this fall. Hope that carries me for awhile. I need to get some more RAM (want a gig) and my 9800Pro will get added at the end of this month. Do I sound on track for playing these games?