I would enjoy that, however I am usually not able to play during the week because I work part-time and go to classes (yes even during the summer).

Bullet401

Watch

Playaa

Dennis (when he finally gets it installed)

Those are a few I can think of that check UT forums often.

I wish I had a comp to play games on right now, let alont UT2k4 but I am too lazy/busy to fix mine right now.

I know I'm forgetting a lot of folk here...

Yeah I've only played with you once so far :)

Once I get back to college I'll be on a fast connection again. I don't play many FPS's during the summer online since meh inet sucks. Been hooked to City of Heroes lately too.

I'll do it! I don't really care what the teams are, but it would be fun.

How about:

Team 1:

Regulars

Team 2:

GC

Perhaps that would give team GC a bit of practice as well, even though the reg's would probably get stomped. Of course, we would have to do a couple of matches and maybe mix the teams up a bit after the initial map.

-Kor

Hey folk. I was thinkin it was dangerous to leave a quick message like that mid-day. But it gets crazy at work, with a 100 emails to reply to, phone calls to return, people stopping at my office all the time, making sure engineers and techs are set up and running well and not waiting for direction... I didn't want to forget suggesting a scrim and decided to put it down quick.

I'd be happy to play with anyone. I only mentioned folk quick who I played with recently and was fresh on my short term memory and had fun with. Any names not mentioned was due to me writing a quick memo, or haven't played with much recently. But not by skills alone, plenty of folk who play much better than me. :P

Not sure Fatty if that emoticon meant you didn't think the idea was good, or... It'd be fun to finally play in a game with ya. ;)

Just thought since I see most of those folk a lot on the server anyway, it'd be fun to get a balanced game in.

As for setting up teams, I'd leave it to a GC admin who has good eyes for skills and is fair, and has been on the server so they would have a decent idea on balancing skills. e.g. Brillow, Penty, etc. We can either setup teams and a time for the scrim to allow for good (clean) trash talkin. Or set a time and see who shows up, and then play. I have the worst timing with my old UT clan - we'd always have matches when i was playing league v-ball, had friends coming over, a lady friend for dinner, wedding, party, etc.

For our LANs, drafts never worked (too much gap in skills between consecutive drafts sometimes - e.g. 3 very good people, so for the team who had 2 of them, the other team should get a bunch of the next tier folk). We just had 3 or 4 top peeps even out and make teams. Plus at LANs, it's hard to move a computer from one room to another if teams are unbalanced.

It might be OK for pubs. You pick teams, and go with it. If it's uneven, it's easy to switch a few people on the next map.

I'm open for anything. Just wanted some good, competitive, fair, and above all fun playing. Any thoughts Brillow? Fatty? Penty? Your server....

Either way, see you on the server. Fun time. :peace:

I am up for this. It would be neat if we had a set day for every week for it. Say like Friday night fights. The other question would be is there going to be any set rules like no super weapons and no pushing with the vehicles or just all war? It would also be a great chance to get Cuffo up and going to if we did it on that server also if it grew into something big we could use both servers. :boing:

well if its onsalught i dont see a problem with superweapons or smashing with vehicles.. i mean if you take away manta and the tank how would penty and uber get any kills *duck* :lol:

someone pick a night though or a time .. because you got me intrested and i wanna play..

ps. where are u at brillow i misssed u awwwwwwwwww!!!! :wub:

Whoa! What in the world happened to this thread? This is not like the GC I've come to know and want to play some Onslaught with...

It'd be fun for all of us to play...Hyperactive, Fatty, etc. It's not possible to remember to put down all 100+ names of fun folks we've met here in the forums and on the server. In fact, part of the fun of the scrim, is I finally get to play with peeps I hardly get to play with.

So let's spend less time about listing who's who (cutting and pasting the first 100 on the stats would still miss peeps I'm sure - there's over 11,000 who's played as far as I can see), and let's get revved up about playing.

I recommend someone from GC pick a time. Brillow? Fatty? We need an admin to set up, plus you guys have the most experience with people, and would do a great job picking teams, then modifying.

Let's ride! :peace: