What's next?

gOOters

Okay, for my next car, I will be going alot cheaper than my Z so that I can go buy a nice house. I will only be driving my vehicle for a couple of years probably.

Requirements:

1) Has to be trouble free for 2.5 years (want less than 30K miles on it)

2) Has to be fun

3) Has to be < $20k

Currently, I am considering an '03 Civic Si (like the gas mileage)

I am also considering (and currently leaning towards) a 2004 Dodge Ram SLT with the 20" rims and the 5.9 Hemi, found one with 10K miles on it.

What do you guys suggest?

I read somewhere your saving up for a house? Than i wouldnt suggest a truck. Mucho gas=mucho price=less money in the pocket. My mom's van takes like 35 bucks to fill it up all the way when its close to empty. And trucks take alot more. Get the civic, or something with good gas milage.

I read somewhere your saving up for a house? Than i wouldnt suggest a truck. Mucho gas=mucho price=less money in the pocket. My mom's van takes like 35 bucks to fill it up all the way when its close to empty. And trucks take alot more. Get the civic, or something with good gas milage.

Good points, but my drive to work isnt too bad, and I can borrow the wife's car when I have to drive to school (2 days a week starting in a year).

I am tempted by the Civic's practicality, but dont know if I could stand to have such a small car. They are really cool on the inside though.

Also, Im thinking that with a house, a truck might be a really handy thing to have for my weekend projects, etc.

Civic's have great resale value.... and they last forever, cheap to fix since there are so many of them out there.

how about a VW? I have a golf and love the dang thing. Great resale, good gas milage, reliable even after 50,000 miles.

Trucks are fun though, If you drive it for only two years, trucks have bad resale value, could possible lose money on a trade in.

Just a thought, the new Altima, i like how those look, plus you can get a fully loaded model for <20,000

I think....

well goot...are you going for cool factor?

honestly I will ALWAYS think of Oldsmobile as some of the most reliable cars ever made...my first one hit nearly 300k miles with very few problems (relatively) and I'm hoping this one lasts as long.

I would go with the Civic as well though...or maybe step up a bit to the Accord?

If you are looking for gas mileage, that eliminates the truck. Especially the truck you listed. My little 4.0L V6 Ranger takes about $32 to fill up the 20 gallon tank. Remember that a truck is unlike a car in the fact that it has the box factor. Take a fan, a wedge and a box. Hold the wedge up to the fan. Feel much resistance? Now, take the box and hold it up to the fan. Feel the difference now? :P You catch every gust of wind in a high riding, boxy vehicle.

For under $20k- For gas mileage in town and on highway I would go with a celica, mazdaspeed protege, protege5, civic (si if you want the extra ponies.), or 03 focus (again, svt if you want) all manuals of course.

If gas mileage matters, but you still want the power and room go for an Accord V-6. Just straight power, go with a v-6 Tiburon GT with a 6-speed. Or here's an option I bet you hadn't considered... A Hyundai XG350. A buddy of mine, who drives an 02 Cobra, loves to steal his dad's XG. Has one of the smoothest, nicest, quietest rides I have ever experienced. Plenty of power, room, and comfort. His dad drives a ton for business, so the warranty Hyundai offers is excellent. My sister recently purchased a Sonata, and for the price, it is a nice car as well.

Just a few suggestions. Good Luck Goot! I still can't believe you are getting rid of your Z... o0o:disgust:

heh, good call on the XG J! Not for me, but a VERY interestingvehicle and probably the nicest ride for the dollar that you could get...period.

Bad news, I drove the Hemi tonight. A short bed, regular cab HEMI. 345HP!! It was niiice :D Really smooth ride and comfy too. As a reg cab, I was VERY impressed with the cargo space behind the seats and the comfort of the seats. :)

Ah, screw it. IT'S A NEON!!! :laughcry::laughcry: With that being said, it is one BAD donkey NEON! Test drive it like you would normally drive it for the first half or so, Then just drive the crap out of it to see how it opens up the last half. Then promptly find another one to buy if you like it! Whoever said you had to buy the one you test drove? ;)

What about something like an 01 or 02 BMW 3-series goot? If you can find a freakin manual... just searched autotrader, any distance, no price limit. Only modifier was a manual... nothing.. :unsure:o0o:twitch: What the hell is wrong with this country?? People are lazy and don't know how to drive their cars anymore.. OH wait, yes they do... slide shifter into gear.. press gas... wow I am "driving" my car... yipee.. Kinda like the donkey burrow that didn't know how to turn yesterday and almost ran head on to my bike, in my lane, making a left hand turn.... :angry::boo:

yeah, see I hate the SRT4...just because it's such a NOT cool car....that's a cool car....

but I'd say for your price and the fact that you're a family man now....get one and then proceed to show up the teenagers who think it's not cool.

:)