Terraforming.

• 2 weeks later...

It is possible...theoretically. Basically vastly accellerate the greenhouse effect by introducing enough ozone into the atmosphere to create an ozone layer which will create global warming. I believe that is the basic concept. In any event, why not do this? Seems like the logical next step. We make swamplands on earth liveable (miami florida) and we make icy roughlands liveable (alaska region), why not the next step? Start the thinking process now. We all know the earth is a finite place. Maybe if we start thinking now, 2000 years from now, we'd have many planets to live on.

"Partners" with mars? Please. If we start paving runways and building airtight, radiation-resistant complexes for the furtherance of mankind's knowledge we've already started the landslide of human-effected change on Mars. I won't deny that it's never been done and no matter how Mars changes it will never be what it was again, but where do we draw the line? Is every other planet a nature reserve? Perhaps I'm overstepping the bounds of science but I think it's at least worth considering.

I'm told by people in my department (Geography) that there are no original forests in Europe (I think they mean England) because the original forests were all cut down. Nothing is "natural landscape" because when stuff regrows it has already been affected by human intervention. Anybody know anything about this? If it's true, and if we start terraforming Mars, we can't just sit back and let it return to "natural" or "unaffected by man"...It will always bear that scar. So, I guess it is something we should consider carefully. Eh, what do I know, it's unlikely they're gonna put this to a vote.

• 2 weeks later...

Reminds me of what the bad bug in MIB said about humans. Don't know the exact words but basically he said we were like a virus that consumes every natural resource. Sure does seem that way. Guess it only makes sence we move to another planet to destroy.

Course it's also possible that this isn't our 1st planet right (Pyramid theory)? Maybe we terraformed Earth & then sent people here. :unsure:

Reminds me of what the bad bug in MIB said about humans. Don't know the exact words but basically he said we were like a virus that consumes every natural resource.

Agent Smith said that in the Matrix too!