Predictions on how my computer will handle it.

ConGregation

You will still get dual channel with the additional 512MB stick. If you have Nforce-2, then you have 3 slots. 2 + 1. Put the 512MB in the one slot and put the other 2 in the pair.

My friend was confused on how I could dual channel in 3 slots on an nf2 :D

I win!

A lot of +2500 barton users out there, i was unlucky enough to get a LOCKED one... :( I take it yours isnt locked Lunk?? Ive seen ways to unlock the chip but im not gonna try it till im rdy to buy my next cpu..

I had a 2500+ for about a week and returned it for a p4. great cpu, but I needed a real jump from a 1800+. Mine was locked, but bump up your fsb and it can easily hit 3200+ speeds.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

The Athlon xp has shown its age and I am seriously selling mine and going A64 in the next couple of months. I mean building 2800 A64's are so much quicker than my Athlon xp 2500 @ 2.2.

Imma bump up to a 3200+, 1 Gig PC3200, (and a new HD)but Im debating the vid card.

I have a Ti4600 64 MB, and I could do a 9800Pro right now and that would give me a stout system, but I might wait and get a 6800 in a couple of months. I have already found 6800 Ultras for about $290.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
. I have already found 6800 Ultras for about $290.

:huh:

Where? Last I checked they still selling for 500-600 dollars. Got a link because it may be fake or a scam.

I believe I got an unlocked 2500+ but am not sure as the mobo I used it in, the Epox 8RDA+ unlocked it anyway when it was seated into the socket. I just OC'ed with FSB though and got it over 3200+ speeds. Any higher with FSB and it just reset itself in the BIOS upon boot. I could have probably got a lot more if I had adjusted the multiplier and the voltages (I water cool so even at 3200+ speeds it was like a 2 degree temp increase to make it peak at about 36C) but I was content with it and hadn't played with voltage adjustments before so I decided not to.

Since my Epox died (capacitors leaked) I know have another mobo and, once I get it reinstalled (I am lazy...been waiting for about 2 months now) I will check to see if my CPU is unlocked.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Dweez, if you are like me, you really miss your Epox 8RDA+. Mine got surged by my modem when lightning hit the phone lines. Fortunately I only lost my mobo, the modem and my Capture card. I had just put in my 9700 pro at the time and was afraid I lost it all.

I small voltage adjustment probably would have let you go higher.

What kind of water cooling are you using? I tried Asetek's Waterchill and I hated it. Plus they shipping from the netherlands to here, their stuff always gets all beat up in shipping.

I have a mid-tower Koolance case. I traded my Chieftec (rebranded Antec SOHO) and a little $$ to a guy in my clan, RiZAd, for it. I have used it for about 2+ years now. I like it alot except for the simple fact that, because of the resevoir and radiator units, I don't have a lot of space in the case.

My next purchased case will most likely be a Lian Li or a Cooler Master cuz I just like the looks of them and they are very good for cooling. If I decided to go aggressive cooling (and can afford it) I want a phase-shift cooler, probably the VapoChill since I have heard they have stopped making the Prometiea (sp?).

Yeah, the 8RDA+ was a really decent board. Almost went with the 8RDA3+ but instead bought an ASUS off a buddy of mine. Not sure the model at this time.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Yeah, when mine died, I was so disappointed. The best mobo I ever owned for the price ($80). It was the Second revision of the board and witha bios flash, I had 400 fsb support on it. That was just friggin great at the time.

Now I am using an (gasp) Abit AN7. I really dislike Abit Socket-A boards. Their active cooling on the north bridge sucks.

. I have already found 6800 Ultras for about $290.

:huh:

Where? Last I checked they still selling for 500-600 dollars. Got a link because it may be fake or a scam.

from pricewatch:

http://www.allstarshop.com/ for $308...looks kinda iffy to me.

http://www.buyxtremegear.com/ for $310...looks safe enough to me!?

GAINWARD POWERPACK! ULTRA/2100 (GOLDEN SAMPLE) GEFORCE 6800 128MB DDR 256-bit AGP8X W/CRT TVO & DVI

IS that not it? If not, makes my decision easier...I will go w/ the 9800 Pro, heh.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I see Non Ultra's in the 300 price range but no Ultra's. Even the GT's are in the 400 range (Which is the best performer for the price).

Are you sure about that? I had an nForce with 3 slots and the mobo manual clearly said that if you add a 3rd additional stick, it runs in single-mode.

May just be with some boards.

Im running dual channel with 3 sticks.

2 256Mb sticks and 1 512MB stick.