new video card

(edited)
I think Imma buy my 9800 Pro today. Is the Sapphire ATI 9800 Pro okay? If I buy it (bulk) on newegg, it is a little cheaper than the ATI 9800 Pro. They are basically the same right?

There is no difference between the makers of the card, other than maybe tech support and a few minor things, such as manuals and stuff. Some card makers used to drop the core and memory speeds a little bit, but I dont think that happens much nowadays.

a 9800 pro is a 9800 pro no matter who makes it. I would personally buy oem from any maker as long as its a 9800 pro.

Saphire, rosewell, ati, hercules. They will all be the same as long as it says 9800 pro. Just dont buy a

Sparkomatic 9850 SE. :)

Edited by NOFX

What NOFX says is true. Older cards used to get modified heavily. Now, the only difference ATI stock cards and rebranded cards are minimal (cooling, input/outputs, etc).

I know the 9700s that Saphire put out were passive cooling but they went back to active with the 9800 models.

AWWWW...my sweet little wifey just baught me a brand new 9800 Pro (Hercules) off of ebay. She doesnt even know that all the confirmation emails and stuff come to my work computer! I think I wont tell her and then act surprised :)

I feel special. Enjoy ur new card. I'll be getting mine in about a month(6800 GT =D)

TeK, you are indeed "special", I've always thought that.

Yeah NOFX, I checked to be sure the card I bought was 256-bit, I hear that is doesnt even make a big difference though. I'm just hoping that is will keep me from spikin out on CS :) Although I think maybe it is my ISP or my rates or something else. :(

New processor and more RAM coming soon!