My new ride!

gOOters

(edited)

Whelp...borrowed my buddy's truck to go pick up a computer desk on Friday. I kinda miss driving a truck. So...I went and got one!

pics below

No, its not turquoise, its really darker than it looks in the pics. It has a HEMI (345HP)! It had 12K miles, FULLY loaded, I already took off the pinstripes ;)

It has a nice thick coat of wax on it and 3 chamber flowmasters turned town right after the muffler. Kinda hick, I know, but it is just a toy for me so oh well :D

This truck really is FAST!

Anyhow, the Z is gone :( But, it is nice to have a truck in the family, plus our monthly outflow (or backside ratio for those who have gone home shopping) is now really low :)

Plus, Christi says I can get a new sports car in several years, after we get all settled down and stuff ;)

Edited by gOOters

(edited)

awesome! basically identical to my truck cept mines black and its got the 4.7 V8.

ive added a few things like a monster stereo and a chromed out gas filler door. 2 chamber flowmasters on mine. and a sweet urethane rollpan i bought about a year ago and have yet to put it on. :freak:

i think you'll be very pleased goot i :wub: my truck

Edited by eXile

eXile. sounds really smooth man. You have the same taste in trucks as me :heart:

I am thinking of doing a rollpan too, with a hidden hitch behind the license plate. Meanwhile...I DO have the sport package...so bumpers are body color :)

Yeah, the stereo really wants to be improved! Definately on my wish list.

I really like the gas filler door too, I want to do that...cost? Looks like an easy thing to do to add a nice sporty touch.

Other than the filler cap...the first mod I plan on is a 2" drop for the back only. I dont want a low rider at all, but want to even it out for a nice sporty look, without sacraficing much payload. Plus, the mod is only $50 and a couple of hours work! :D

My truck has a tow rating of 9200lbs...rofl!

I am averaging 10.8 MPG so far (mostly city) according to my trip computer. lol

(edited)

yeah mines a sport as well. check my profile for a pic of it. the billet gas door was 100 bucks. and the rollpan was about 150 or so and has the capability to accomidate a hidden hitch. ill find the manufacturer and send you a link or something to show you the rollpan its nice. its not just a plain jane roll pan its urethane so it has a little style to it. i average in town about 16 or so mpg. i have a friend with the hemi he gets about 14 now and he started out gettin about 12. so i think it gets better with more miles.... maybe heh. on the trip to fragfest i got almost 19 to the gallon. any stereo questions feel free to ask. i do all my own installations and have since i was about 16. so ive done it for about 8 years now...i know stereo better than about anything.

i did have an alpine in dash flip out tv. but it went haywire and instead of fixing it i traded a buddy of mine for a brand new alpine cd/mp3/wma player its about mid to upper range alpine as far as features. any alpine is high quality. havent got around to replacing my door speakers yet but with the vdrive amp built into the head unit they sound pretty good. now for the biggest part...

two 15" kicker solo-baric L7 squares and two Orion XTR 2400pro amplifiers. so wattage wise im getting close to 5k. hehe ... two optima red top batteries in my bed. needless to say its loud ...really loud. but i could cook up something for you if you just wanted something simple.

oh yeah i have limo tint all the way around with a tintstrip and my front glass is actually even tinted(illegal as heck). only other plans are a 4/5 drop sometime and a fiberglass tonneu cover.

Edited by eXile

ahhh, eX...the truck looks really nice! Is your windshield tint 50% and "clear"? Heh, I have dark tint too and a tintstrip across the top. Oh and I took off the stupid bug deflector from the front.

I used to want the windshield tint, probably still would if I could find someone to do it for me...I used to know a couple of the San Antonio Spurs and they had the 50% clear tint on their windshields for all their cars, you could NOT see anyone in the car even looking at their windshields! :D

Yo... :P

Dont worry, in several years, I am hoping that a new Supra will be out and I will get one of those :)

painted matching bumpers... sheesh. Chrome bumpers own you! :P Nice looking trucks guys!

I really like Sir Michaels Rollpans. If I had the money, my chrome rear bumper would become a chrome rollpan. I dunno about matching bumpers. This looks pretty cool too.

Go with a spray in bed liner such as Line-X. Amazing stuff for the money and they can match the color of the liner to your truck or interior.

J, a man after my own heart :P

I like rollpans too, and will likely get one soon. Not a huge fan of the chrome though (although I used to be).

I just got my drop shackles for the rear to level out my truck. I will try to get some pics up after this weekend 0o0

im lazy.. ill find you the manufacturer of my rollpan soon. its the best one out there imo. :D

J, i still like chrome alot but the painted just looks so much better. you get your chrome from the billet grill and from the 20's. i also have my gas filler door. :)

Edited by eXile

eX, did my drop today and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new stance of my truck!!!!! :wub:

It isnt low rider looking at all, but very sporty (think Ford Lightning).

I have pics, but they are hidden in the inner workings of my digi cam at the moment bleh.

I really do want to add the door too. That will likely be my next mod.

I gotta get a pic or two up, it looks soo smooth.

I splurged and bought me a f150 xlt last week myself. Got home from work yesterday with my taco bell, went inside and ate it (20 min at the most), came back out to put truck in the garage and them little punks egged my truck. GRRRRRR.....Everytime you got something nice there is someone out there that wants to mess with it. I could here them punks in the bushs laughing and yelling HA HA HA. I so wanted to unleash the dobberman on them but I restrained myself and put another coat of wax on it today.

I splurged and bought me a f150 xlt last week myself. Got home from work yesterday with my taco bell, went inside and ate it (20 min at the most), came back out to put truck in the garage and them little punks egged my truck. GRRRRRR.....Everytime you got something nice there is someone out there that wants to mess with it. I could here them punks in the bushs laughing and yelling HA HA HA. I so wanted to unleash the dobberman on them but I restrained myself and put another coat of wax on it today.

:(:angry: ugh!?!?! :(:angry:

rofl