College question

TFR|Cyberwrath

Well I need to start applying for colleges soon and was thinking about some schools in-state in Illinios. I think I want to major in Computer Engineering, but I'd like someone who's someone knowledgeable in that field to tell me what that course entails... is it like Computer Science with a programming aspect. I wasn't too interested in learning Java or C++ in high school, so is Comp Engineering still for me? I want to work with computers, and learn about hardware/software development and that sort.

If this all doesn't work out I'll probably end up choosing to major in Business or do Accounting or some such. Thanks.

I have a friend who goes to Georgia Tech, and down there the CE degree is really an EE (Electrical Engineering) degree that's specialized. He told me it's a little programming and mostly electronics design, and from what he said it's pretty bland stuff. CPA is probably the right road to go down these days, people will always need accountants, it's one of the world's oldest professions

:boing:

if you do comp engineering your gonna need to know how to program. Your gonna make alot more money coming out with engineering than you will accountant. I dont like programming myself, but you defintely have to know how to do it.

Go CompE or EE if you possibly can. Its tough...but worth it. If you cant hack that, try ME or a different engineering degree.

If Engineering doesnt work out for you, accounting would be a great place to be. Make sure you get your CPA.

Do NOT go and get a generalized business degree. I'm sorry and dont want to come across like a jerk, but these days (and especially when you graduate), a business degree is just barely better than your high school diploma.