"cbble cbble cbble!"

I want to hear everyones thoughts on de_cbble. I think it is the most balanced map in the rotation but people seem to shy away from it. The server loses players when it is running. It is one of my favorites. Now, your thoughts...

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
I want to hear everyones thoughts on de_cbble.  I think it is the most balanced map in the rotation but people seem to shy away from it.  The server loses players when it is running.  It is one of my favorites.  Now, your thoughts...

The map is just slow paced and quite boring.

As far as the mechanics of map making, it has it all. Three well made avenues. Great sniping spots. Just enough room so the Ts aren't really hemmed in. Lots of good angles and nooks and crannies. And it looks nice.

But it isn't real popular. I enjoy it some but it is not my favorite map (but piranesi is ;)) I think Ts can dominate by just rushing one way (just not always hall). But CTs have some great choke points and angles to work with.

I don't know, maybe it lacks a real high intensity spot. Hall might be that but is really scary for me. I usually stay away from it.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

I hate cobble.. if CT's have any idea what they're doing it's over :|.

IMO, Cbble is one of the best maps for pub AND competitive play. It's very balanced. Lots of places to pick and pub rush. Plenty of wide open spaces, but not too many hiding spots. Conflict is channelled nicely between the two bombsites. The only thing that really sucks about it is the B bombsite is so far and so open. But they couldn't change that without ruining the balance on the map.

i'd have to say that cbble is a very balanced map. between it, piranesi , and dust2 i'd have to say those are my favorite in source so far. leaning towards the first two. i love T on cbble, it amuses me hiding behind the screen watching the door out to B the ct's always rush in. i usually pick off 2-3 cts before they nail me. either that or i'm able to retreat and hold them off from flanking my fellow T's.

great map. tons of fun. it can be fast or slow paced.

but i like the big maps, i like the ones where you can really take several ways around.

Hi. I will know tell you why I like cobble the map for counter-strike. I like cobble because cobble the map is named cobble, and it is also not called dust, aztec, or dust2. That is one reasons why I like cobble for me.

PS. I also play cobble plus I like it.