Bat this is for u

BIGSHaW

<puts carrot sticks in Maggles nostrils> :boing:

hehe

oh, and i will vouch for bat as well. As far as shots not looking like head shots. I believe that theres a weird kinda lag while spec-ing someone. Which is why awp shots never look like they are on target. While it may look like their cross hairs are no where near the target on your screen i'd be willing to bet they were on his.

I base this on the fact that everyone i spec with an awp (Maggie, Quick, Venge, DJ, etc...) hits people with out having those cross hairs right where i think they should be. But when i snipe like they do (cross hairs a bit behind the target, atleast thats wht they look like to me) I miss and catch 5 m4 rounds to go 0-1 and feel great that i just blew $4600 on a weapon which will undoubtedly kill me 4 more times before it is lost.

Anyway... doesn't Maggie's head look funny on the floor with two carrot sticks in his nostrils :P

bat

Little hint... cs_twilight owns me... played it for the first time yesterday and went around 0 and 20. Good map, just couldn't get a feel for it. Its like a two story office. Venge says he's going to switch it to that map from now on when I'm on. *cry*

Thanks for stopping by yesterday bigshaw but you didn't stay long. :( I'll come by and visit sometime (maybe when done with my downloads :) ).

edit: btw any of you by chance know how to get old point and click games to work in xp? heard of something called scummvm and getting that now. Want to get dott and samnmax and the like to work.

Edited by bat

This is probably more for another topic, but since you're looking here already, I got great results from DosBox, a great freeware DOS emulator program that runs under WinXP. It can do fullscreen, integrates painlessly with XP, and manages old-school things like virtual memory, etc. It's pretty much unzip and run. One thing to note: Read the instructions. Generally you have to tweak the frame rate, in my case up, to get the game speed to where you want it. Some people complain it is slow: They didn't read the directions.

Oh, and you get far more FPS than CS:S

Edited by appalachian_fox

heh I got that thanks... somewhat confusing but I got it to work some but had no sound. Going to try this other program and if it doesn't work I'll give that one another shot.

XP has its own built in solution for this...called XP compatibility mode or something like that. It's in your start menu. I used it to run an old chess program not 2 weeks ago. You pick what OS you want it to emulate.

bat

It only emulates back to windows 95. It lets the games run but they don't have sound. ScummVM works! golly gee! its awesome. Looks like it will run any of the old point and click games great (and easily). I got sam n max and DoTT to run on it so far and now just need to get the other games again. Man I'm so happy right now! *hugs himself* Have to find the all the good old space quest games now and beneath a steel sky and the others. Those games were so fun back in the day.

edit: hmm wonder what I typed for it to put in the golly gee in there lol... Didn't think I put any swear words in. heh sorry for that but wish I knew what I did so I don't repeat it lol.

Edited by bat

Rock on! I LOVE Sam 'n Max! Is that abandonware yet? I'd love to play that again, and DoTT as well!

Couldn't get sound to work? Odd...That worked right out of the zip file for me. Sorry, bat. I'll have to keep ScummVM in mind. Oh, find out if Sierra abandoned Space Quest, I might know of a way to help you out there, PM me.

bat

Not sure how to find out if they're abandonware or not. They don't offer support to them to my knowledge anymore and you can't buy them so I assume they are. I have my cd to DoTT myself and I owned all the other ones at one time just not sure where my cd's are anymore (and some were on floppies which we know don't work after this much time) so I don't mind downloading them (which I am right now... just can't find beneath a steel sky =\ ). The place I'm downloading them has them listed as abandonware but I'm not sure I'd trust that.

edit: golly gee! I found it!! it and some others are freeware... check out www.scummvm.org under downloads. You can get a lot of them there along with the program if you need it too.

Edited by bat