Chimney Silo

Ted_Break_Danson

I've been working on a map of my house for HL2, and I just recently learned how to create a cannister that simulates being full of an explosive gas thats zips around with the gas shooting out of it. Well once this cannister was accidentally dropped into my chimney, a whole new area of screwing around in hl2dm was born. I'm not sure if anyone else and done this before, but it cracked me up. We seriously did this for hours.

Had to load cannister into the top of the chimney. Then we had to straighten it out from the fireplace entrance to the chimney so that it was in the center of it and facing straight up. Then we had to load a table or refrigerator door ontop of the chimney to prevent it from killing us on impact. Whoever was riding it got on the table while the other sat outside where the cannister could be shot from and launch viewed from the same spot.

It was fun as crap!

Rhah being launched:

rhahLaunch1.jpg

rhahLaunch2.jpg

rhahLaunch3.jpg

rhahLaunch4.jpg

rhahLaunch5.jpg

Me being launched:

buzzLaunch1.jpg

buzzLaunch2.jpg

buzzLaunch3.jpg

buzzLaunch4.jpg

Now I'm trying to figure out how to make it respawn so I don't have to restart the map everytime we want to do a launch.

I'm not sure if making a prop_static will work with the hostage model. Try making the entity an info_hostage. I don't remember the actual name but i think it should start with info_. This should set up your hostage to be usable and all the other things that come with the hostage in cs:s. If you just make it prop_static with the model, it would be an immovable model of the hostage that you can't interract with.

If anyone else knows about this please feel free to correct me. I'm just going off of what I've inferred from tutorials and random readings.