Some Consistantcy Please

Sword6

(edited)

Ok, I have always been a supporter of your servers and your rules, but there is little to no consistancy on the part of the admins.

I was away for a week of not playing on the server due to the holidays, i return for my first game back in a week, did nothing wrong for the 3 rounds I played, then when coming out the T double doors on Aztec i got behind a box, and the really huge tall overhang that is like 4 times higher than any CT or T, someone was walking on and shot me, I have never seen anyone EVER able to get out there, and was caught off guard that I typed "wth how did he get up there"! I was kicked by Magruter, with NO warning. I wasnt even aware I typed it untill someone told me. I then returned to play and Magruter added " NEXT time your Banned". Like I am some annoyance or repeat offender. I play there all the time, and I am NOT saying the rules don't apply to me, but no warnings? Sometimes people just react they don't mean no harm or anything by it, I do type, at work, on MSN, and a hundred other things, sometimes things do slip out... You need to at least warn them. Anyone from here knows, if they play with me I'm a clean player. I always support GC, had sent my dues in, and frankly this conduct is getting out of hand. If I am wasting my time here, and on the server then tell me and I will go else where, but I am tired of sounding like a whinner just because I choose not to have this tyupe of thing stand. I have never thought you guys were heavy handed before, though people said you were. I apologized for swearing, but to get a ban threatened to someone you know plays and acts clean 99.9% of the time is out of line, you need to start cutting some of the regulars a break. We follow the rules.

Sword6

Edited by Sword6

Many thanks, I am not trying to villify Magruter, or anyone else, we all have our days, but its the treatment, and the way it was done that hurt me more. It was like "I said next time your banned, now shut up and play, and don't whine" type attitude that followed that got me ticked. That is heavy handed for anyone to do or say. I was there when I heard Mag tell another player to treat others as you want to be treated. All i am saying admins should keep that in mind. If they have an issue with me, don't like me, or whatever, then fine say so and like I said I can go elsewhere. I am there to have "F U N" That type of thing, concentrated on not screwing up, or saying the wrong thing, when you should be able to concentrate on the game is starting to sound very dictorial. I am saying this all because I am a friend, and because i do care how you and your clan is viewed, and right now the public input is 50/50. This is just the wrong way to convey a good message.

Magruter, Lunk, Toka, Bullet, G2, Shaw, Clueless, and many others I see often and play with, and you all SHOULD know I obey the rules, and will always. I just don't think i deserved that is all.

I wait to hear back from you.

Sword6 (also Sw6rd) in case of confusion)

Well, I'm here to tell you that Bullet doesn't need to go anywhere. There isn't going to be any look into our admining over your loud mouth. This is the second time you popped in here and yapped about something.

and you all SHOULD know I obey the rules, and will always.

Then I ask you, why was this topic created? You broke a rule.

And, like I say to anyone who threatens to leave....I can help if you want. Dont just stand there and play tough and threaten to relieve our community of your presence...just exit.

But, before you do, tell us more about your public poles and the data about which you get this 50/50 happiness rating that you speak of.

Take a hike. I'll just kick ya next time I see you cause you're selfish and annoying.

the way it was done that hurt me more.

What a sad, sad story you have to tell here, bro...comere and let's cuddle until you're not so hurt.

Oh, and if I wasn't clear in my message: Go ahead and go somewhere else.

There are many people which I would work to retain as a public client. Given your crying here, plus your other threat not too long ago when you were whining about reserves, you need to just be gettin on out. There are LOTS and LOTS of source servers out there. Go find one.

You know the rules, you said so yourself. You broke em, you were punished and then warned the punishment would get worse on repeat offenses.

punishment is worse for those who know the rules...seems easy enough to me.

This was your eloquent exit:

L0104033.log(278): L 01/04/2005 - 11:28:58: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say " what did i get kicked for"

L0104033.log(292): L 01/04/2005 - 11:29:17: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say " i play here all the time did i type that"

L0104033.log(298): L 01/04/2005 - 11:29:31: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say " well mag hello how about a warning I mean its me man"

L0104033.log(304): L 01/04/2005 - 11:29:38: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say " mag"

L0104033.log(319): L 01/04/2005 - 11:30:01: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say "what did i do all of a sudden to get threatned a ban, im a clean player"

L0104033.log(324): L 01/04/2005 - 11:30:11: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say " i never swear"

L0104033.log(331): L 01/04/2005 - 11:30:22: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say " man its me SWORD 6"

L0104033.log(343): L 01/04/2005 - 11:30:32: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say "from forums"

L0104033.log(354): L 01/04/2005 - 11:31:12: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say "thats it stoip payment on the cheque to you guys, and im out....i come back after 5 days get nailed and threanted for one screw"

L0104033.log(356): L 01/04/2005 - 11:31:14: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say " up"

L0104033.log(358): L 01/04/2005 - 11:31:19: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say " have a good one"

First, you screwed up. Then demand an answer why you were kicked. Then spout off your whine. Mag did what he was supposed to. You wouldn't be the first to try to make a point in game and get this response. I woulda prolly banned you for pushing the issue in game.

But, anyway, you should follow your own advice and go away. You won't be happy, and you will inevitably get banned.

Well, I'm here to tell you that Bullet doesn't need to go anywhere.  There isn't going to be any look into our admining over your loud mouth.  This is the second time you popped in here and yapped about something.

Then I ask you, why was this topic created?  You broke a rule. 

And, like I say to anyone who threatens to leave....I can help if you want.  Dont just stand there and play tough and threaten to relieve our community of your presence...just exit.

But, before you do, tell us more about your public poles and the data about which you get this 50/50 happiness rating that you speak of.

Take a hike.  I'll just kick ya next time I see you cause you're selfish and annoying.

What a sad, sad story you have to tell here, bro...comere and let's cuddle until you're not so hurt.

Um okay Fatty, sorry but where did I say bullet should go? The line you qouted is me saying very clearly that those names are people who Know I follow the rules, I don't know what your meaning is about bullet or anyone else having to go anywhere.

I think you and Acid are taking the tone and context of what I am saying wrong, I can tell by your responses clearly that you are. I am not whinning, nor throwing a tantrum saying "Im going home and taking my ball with me" either.

What I am saying bottom line is:

I like GC and will support them in game, and financially( so not saying anything about paid member, just saying i beleive in the clan so much I opted to pay in. Nothing more nothing less.

That one admin will watch someone delibertaly tk-ing as a new player and warn and warn and then boot, while another player says wth or the like and are instant kicked. No warning, People are not always aware they did it as I indicated. If someone had said "Sword dont swear" or anything I would have apologized and you know it.

I do know the rules, but people slip up, wth is something i use outside GC area's as alot of you do, and it is typed as fast as it is thought sometimes so it happens without any ill intent, and when it does you should warn someone. This is a far far cry from someone who is asked to stop swearing then goes and tells the console to f***ing go f*** himself. You all have seen that.

As far as public opinion goes, do you not watch what people say about you during game. Alot say you do great and have a good site, alot say you guys are over eager to kick and ban, and sometimes act like jerks, their words, not mine. I am saying to you now, I always thought you guys do a good job, but this reponse from you to something I am just trying to suggest to you to maybe cut come veterns of your site some slack is being responded to with " I don't like what yo8u said and now I am going to kick you when I see you" over something you mis-read. Did I use an or-else in there, was I rude, or threatening, no, i simply am saying that if you can make someone who felt strongly positive about your clan and site feel this way, then whats going to happen to you if this keeps up, you will lose people and credibility.

In closing I am not a noob to GC, perhaps you missed how long I actually have been playing on your sites, way beyond HL2, and as such, am saying I did so because I feel you guys are the best, nothing I said above was to dminish anything, and the comments above were offered in a freindly manner to you. I am 33 and not known to whine or throw fits, I only offer my thoughts to you, and you can take them or leave them, if that offends you then I am sorry, but you to should be sorry in return for mis-construing them, and threantening to kick me on site.

Food for Thought

Sword6

You know the rules, you said so yourself. You broke em, you were punished and then warned the punishment would get worse on repeat offenses.

punishment is worse for those who know the rules...seems easy enough to me.

I was upset then and for that I do apologize, but as I said, I didn't know I had sworn, and all mag would have had to do is, say, you swore and that was that.

Sword6

Mag DID tell you you swore...mrX can you present the pasted part of the log? He showed you what you said.

Oh, and by the way, as far as public opinion goes...of course you're going to see the pubmaster come in and whine....it's because we're different. Do you think we kick and ban people because we want to be the same as every CS server out there? No, we actually kick people because there's a certain crowd that we desire to be popular with, and there's another crowd who's opinion of us (when it doesn't change) we don't mind at all....and your data might even be off in a way that would please you! I'd say LESS than 50% of the players that venture through Recrud like it, but you darn well can see that many people appreciate it.

Anyone player who has played on our server even once before should be kicked at the VERY LEAST for cussing...don't gimme the oops, my fingers slipped in the order of that word :(.

mrX, let's at wth to the swear filter so this doesn't come up again.

(btw, even when the swear filter comes up, clients get warned/kicked/banned)

all mag would have had to do is, say, you swore and that was that.

he did:

L 01/04/2005 - 11:29:17: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say " i play here all the time did i type that"

L 01/04/2005 - 11:29:21: "[Mmmm]Magruter .gc<2299><STEAM_0:0:199320><CT>" say "*DEAD* Sw6rd:  wth "

L 01/04/2005 - 11:29:23: World triggered "Round_Start"

L 01/04/2005 - 11:29:27: "[Mmmm]Magruter .gc<2299><STEAM_0:0:199320><CT>" say "sword you know the rules"

L 01/04/2005 - 11:29:31: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say " well mag hello how about a warning I mean its me man"

L 01/04/2005 - 11:29:32: "[Mmmm]Magruter .gc<2299><STEAM_0:0:199320><CT>" say "next time it's a ban"

You kept going on about it. Look at the other logs from above.

Ahhh, look at the times....lemme put it all together for you guys so it's in order...

L0104033.log(278): L 01/04/2005 - 11:28:58: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say " what did i get kicked for"

L0104033.log(292): L 01/04/2005 - 11:29:17: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say " i play here all the time did i type that"

L 01/04/2005 - 11:29:21: "[Mmmm]Magruter .gc<2299><STEAM_0:0:199320><CT>" say "*DEAD* Sw6rd:  wth "

L 01/04/2005 - 11:29:23: World triggered "Round_Start"

L 01/04/2005 - 11:29:27: "[Mmmm]Magruter .gc<2299><STEAM_0:0:199320><CT>" say "sword you know the rules"

L 01/04/2005 - 11:29:31: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say " well mag hello how about a warning I mean its me man"

L 01/04/2005 - 11:29:32: "[Mmmm]Magruter .gc<2299><STEAM_0:0:199320><CT>" say "next time it's a ban"

L0104033.log(298): L 01/04/2005 - 11:29:31: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say " well mag hello how about a warning I mean its me man"

L0104033.log(304): L 01/04/2005 - 11:29:38: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say " mag"

L0104033.log(319): L 01/04/2005 - 11:30:01: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say "what did i do all of a sudden to get threatned a ban, im a clean player"

L0104033.log(324): L 01/04/2005 - 11:30:11: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say " i never swear"

L0104033.log(331): L 01/04/2005 - 11:30:22: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say " man its me SWORD 6"

L0104033.log(343): L 01/04/2005 - 11:30:32: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say "from forums"

L0104033.log(354): L 01/04/2005 - 11:31:12: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say "thats it stoip payment on the cheque to you guys, and im out....i come back after 5 days get nailed and threanted for one screw"

L0104033.log(356): L 01/04/2005 - 11:31:14: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say " up"

L0104033.log(358): L 01/04/2005 - 11:31:19: "Sw6rd<2369><STEAM_0:1:5241954><TERRORIST>" say " have a good one"

Thank you, X....and very nice work out there, Maggy.

Now, see...even after this, after your kick for a warning (because you know the rules)...you then come in here and spout off.

So there you have it...your official warning, and then some. Hope you don't "slip" anymore.

(edited)
Mag DID tell you you swore...mrX can you present the pasted part of the log?  He showed you what you said.

Oh, and by the way, as far as public opinion goes...of course you're going to see the pubmaster come in and whine....it's because we're different.  Do you think we kick and ban people because we want to be the same as every CS server out there?  No, we actually kick people because there's a certain crowd that we desire to be popular with, and there's another crowd who's opinion of us (when it doesn't change) we don't mind at all....and your data might even be off in a way that would please you!  I'd say LESS than 50% of the players that venture through Recrud like it, but you darn well can see that many people appreciate it.

Anyone player who has played on our server even once before should be kicked at the VERY LEAST for cussing...don't gimme the oops, my fingers slipped in the order of that word :(.

mrX, let's at wth to the swear filter so this doesn't come up again.

(btw, even when the swear filter comes up, clients get warned/kicked/banned)

Ok fair enough, and maybe I should have dropped it, but bringing it here is the right thing to do if you have questions about it am i wrong in that assumption?

So for that I do apologize, but I only want you to look at it from my view this once and tell me what you think:

I hardly ever if at all swear, like a once in a week or more type of occurance, and 99% of the time I catch myself. But to goto someon who you play with alot as an admin and kick(with no warning to make sure the player is AWARE of what he had done) and then threanten a ban to someone who you should know always tries to follow the rules is a little overboard and flexing admin muscle to someone who would take a warning seriously enough. Can you at least respect what I am saying?

Anyway, I do like you guys, and wasn't trying to tick you off or say anything to offend you. Maybe I didn't type it right above, or convey it better.

Edited by Sword6

That's what got the ban threat. You were being pesky. You asked, he told you, then you began to whine.

Basically Mag's message was this: "be glad, because at the rate you're yappin at me now, I'm hoping you'll do it again soon"

Dunno, I might be wrong, but you were acting like a poodle on a mailman...seriously, look how many times you typed in that short period.

Lastly, I have a hard time respecting what you're saying with this being the second time. I got beat over the back of the head, gagged, mugged, thrashed, sacked, and then got the soap in the towel from that one movie beating by my brothers in arms at the way I exploded at you in the last thread when you came crying about reserves threatening to leave....so I removed my posts (and the similarly phrased posts of another brother who wanted the other half of your head), and let it die. After this, however, even playaa, with his mystic calming creame that he attempted to rub on me a little while ago couldn't keep the monster in.

So...IN conclusion, although I already said lastly, we get to my very favorite thing to work on:

So for that I do apologize, but

that thing, after the apology....it's a bad thing.

Now it's time for a large, juicy, undercooked prime rib. Oh wait, the sitter just called, she's running late. Maybe I'll be here for another post or two!

To add, being a regular or a member doesnt give you extra slack, it gives you a tighter rope, you know the rules as well as our members, you should set an example, not make one of yourself.

Arguing in server with an admin is not a good display, you should have brought all of that in here.

The other point everyone seems to forget is, Admins, which I think are more consistant than you give them credit for, are trying to play also, we may miss a thing or two, were just people.

Personally, i've played with you alot and have never seen anything like this out of you, so I am a bit taken back by all of this.

Hope this all gets worked out.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

"Lastly, I have a hard time respecting what you're saying with this being the second time. I got beat over the back of the head, gagged, mugged, thrashed, sacked, and then got the soap in the towel from that one movie beating by my brothers in arms at the way I exploded at you in the last thread when you came crying about reserves threatening to leave....so I removed my posts (and the similarly phrased posts of another brother who wanted the other half of your head), and let it die. After this, however, even playaa, with his mystic calming creame that he attempted to rub on me a little while ago couldn't keep the monster in."

That was great, Fatty.

Clueless beat me too it, but he's right... being a regular member DOES make the rules apply even more. There's no excuse to not be able to follow them though, and the reward of being able to play on a server with a minimal amount of jerks with people whom you can recognize is well worth it.

You want proof it's easy to avoid the swearing? I'm on a hockey bench where every second word out of everyone's mouth is a vulgarity, and I'm possibly even worse on IRC/aim with friends.. it's not hard at all, you start playing on Mmmm, the swears go away.. very easy. I've had 2 slip ups (once connecting with a bad bad bad bad bad name, and once I hit my ingame key instead of vent key while talking to a friend).. that's it. That's in over 2, almost 3 years now. If you can't avoid swearing.. that's your problem.

If I could Quote every single message by Fatty and Clueless and all the other Regs/GC Members I would and give them a round of applause.

My opinion: A kick is a warning, you can get back on the server.

Im out :peace:

If I could Quote every single message by Fatty and Clueless and all the other Regs/GC Members I would and give them a round of applause.

My opinion: A kick is a warning, you can get back on the server. 

Im out :peace:

I guess you know M2 that IS a good way to look at it, kick is a warning, i will have to think on it. I guess all I am trying to get across is the intent....the intent ort someone who was not aware of what they said as it happened so fast and as I was totally caught off guard by the guy being on the overhang, I can type 85 words a min, so I can fire off what i am thinking before I realize it sometimes. I was wrong, and that is the end of it.

My apologies for everything here and there.

Just in closing, I still do feel that what I was saying above was misconstruid, and taken out of the context I was presenting in. What i said in game no doubt was heated and that was wrong no question.

So if possible I will put more thought into things here and there and will think more before I speak.

All the Best

Sword6

So if possible I will put more thought into things here and there and will think more before I speak.

All the Best

Sword6

DING DING DING!

What does he win Johnny?

A NNNEEEEEEEEEEWWW OUTLOOK ON CIRCUMSTANCES!!!

*applause*

p.s. --> I'm almost out of mystic calming cream...Fatty used alot of it.

HOWEVER I DO HAVE ONE QUESTION!!!

How the heck did someone walk on the edge of the overhang ledge above the T double doors on Aztec, if you go out the door, crouch by the box and look up you will see the lefge i refer too...I am just curious. :peace:

Sword6

HOWEVER I DO HAVE ONE QUESTION!!!

How the heck did someone walk on the edge of the overhang ledge above the T double doors on Aztec, if you go out the door, crouch by the box and look up you will see the lefge i refer too...I am just curious.  :peace:

Sword6

This was an old boosting trick used in CS before it went to Source. You can boost up there from the boxes in the corner using 2 or 3 people. I guess when CS:S came around, they still didnt fix that.