Source Update (PDO's Farewell)

Fatty

I'm updating one server at a time this evening.

Steam is getting plastered...good luck if you're going to update, things seem to be running slow.

Here's the details:

[-] January 17, 2005 (current release)

Changes/Additions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added Counter-Strike bots. For a more detailed description, click here.

Added new bomb defusal map de_tides.

Updated version of de_cbble to allow bots to navigate ladders.

Updated version of de_dust2 to allow 40 players.

Optimization to the way that dynamic props are checked. On higher end CPUs, this can result in more than a 5% total frame rate increase.

Weapon models are now checked at startup to make sure they are within limits for size.

Added “motdfile� cvar, which sets the filename for the message of the day on the server.

Bug fixes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixed a bug that would allow a player to throw two flashbangs at once.

Fixed bug where players would get twice the normal money at the start of a round.

Updated version of cs_office. Fixes minor issue with projector.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

I really want to try de_tides......im updating right now....it say 30 mins arg

Which server are you updating first? So i know which one de_tides will be on first

Edited by M2.gc

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

And still no update on the "MY GUN WONT SHOOT" jam.. good job Valve :/.

Also.. de_tides?

HI NUKE INFERNO TRAIN?

Ever notice that some people just complain? :P

I am sure they are working on it. And this is a good sign that things are being addressed and fixed.

I have not seen any sign of steam updating for me. I have exited and loaded it again. Nothing. I also can not seem to get any servers to come up when I try to refresh them. Dunno if this is because of everyone trying to update or what. Anyone else having this problem?

I noticed that Recrud and Project Mayhem were both down too.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Analogy:

Billy has a broken car.

He takes it to the shop to get it fixed, and tells them he has 2 problems, one is an engine problem and one is the wheel alignment.

Billy gets his car back 2 weeks late to find the engine and teh wheel allignment are still broken, but now it has a new paint job and they fixed a weird noise the car was making.

I understand... They are getting updates out the door... I am sure they are working on whatever problem you seem to be having, but have NOT found the answer to it. So they didn't hold back on other stuff being released just so they could have one massive overhaul at one time. Sorry!

I know the engine, as far as CS is concerned, has some problems. Hell, Windows 3.1, 95,98, 98se, nt, 2000, xp pro and home all have serious issues and look how long each one has been out! They release new product before the old one is completely mastered! That's how things work! :blink:

*Sorry bout the rant. Back on topic. Anyone else not getting any servers in list?

Edited by General J

PDO here's a better analogy:

All you do is complain.  In the server, out of the server.  The whines don't stop.

Now, come here and let me diaper you.

Thanks Fatty, I tried to be nice. :D

Mark me down as idiot #1! I finally got CS to start updating. Forgot you had to start CS up to get the update started! 24 seconds remaining.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
(edited)

Aw, how cute.

How about this?

Valve is a company. They release products. These products cost money.

Follow so far? Good.

They released a product before it should've been released. Plain and simple, Source was not ready for retail stores. Say what you want, when you include a wallhack in the game and take several months to get an anti-cheat going (that still isn't working), you weren't ready. That's not even including the countless bugs.

Still following? Awesome!

The longer they take to get this product working at an acceptable level the more people they are going to upset. It doesn't matter what you're releasing to the public, if it's a crappy product, you're going to hear about it. Bottom line is: this is a product that was paid for, and it having major gameplay bugs several months after release is unacceptable. If you want to continue being a fanboy and be told what to like, go right ahead. Be a drone, see if I care.

Name calling is awesome, it's good to see someone that considers himself to be such a mature and ideal person to be stoop to something like that. Being a hypocrite is awesome, isn't it?

I complain about CS... wow, big deal. I've put up with more crap in other things I take far more seriously to ever care what someones opinion about me being a "whiner" in CS is, espeacilly when that same person is a hypocrite. If I'm such a whiner, how come I've been captain of a hockey team several years in a row. How come I've never ONCE got an unsportsmanlike penalty? Believe it or not, I've never even complained about a homework assignment, reguardless of how unfair others have thought it to be, it was what had to get done, so it got done.

Speaking of hypocracy, how awesome would it be if you decided to warn/ban me for doing to you the exact same thing you just did to me? I think that'd be showing your true colours. Dishin it out but not taking it.. sounds about right.

I'm going to keep ranting here, it feels nice.

You know, I really thought long and hard about joining .gc. There are some great guys in .gc, all of whom I could never hope to name, because I would almost be guarenteed to miss one of them. A nice example would be Slims, great guy, pug with him on occasion, get along with him. The problem is, there's a guy like you at the top. I don't know how it happened. It was like this group of people got together, and the big redneck took control. You're ego never ceases to amaze me. You don't like anyone unless they're sitting there sucking on your junk, sorry I refuse to do that for anyone, never mind someone that doesn't deserve it. In conclusion, you can take your server and shove it. You can take your ideals, and shove them too. You can ban from these forums, see if I really care. Your attitude is horrible, and frankly I'm sick of taking pot shots from you because you're in a position of power. Speaking of power, do you have problems at work or maybe in the bed? You seem to be really over-compensating with all the "e-donkey" you're kicking.

I'd like to say bye to all the good people here, you know who you are.

edit: If anyone here ever wants to talk to me, my aim name is brian19king.

Edited by PDO

<he must have been saying bye to ME>

bye :wavey:

All Fatty did was say you whine. I thought you knew and accepted the fact that you were a whiner. I even had fun poking fun at you once you admitted you were an incessant whiner. But I never expected this... I must say I didn't think it was called for at all.

o well.

cya ^_^

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Bye Cong :).

I'll put it this way.. judging by AIM and IRC I'm not the first to feel this way, but I'm the first to have the balls to say it. And no, I'm not going to be a little woman and give out names, but the fractures in this community are fairly amusing. Guess it starts from the top and works its way down.