Bots make me sad...

Hey guys,I don't konw about anyone else but i really dislike the idea of having bots as place holders with less than 8 people there. Sometimes i play early in the morning and it just three or four of us and we mess around with knive fights and pistol rounds. I have a real good time playing then, but with bots in there this just can't be done, not to mention how awfully annoying they are. Thats just my 2 copper, Happy hunting :biggrin:

~Dem_Apples

just played with the bots for the first time

i dont like them

they're worse than playing with uber n00bs

others would join the serv, but once they realized ppl were bots, they'd leave

just MHO

:)

I agree with everyone. I honestly think bots *typically* ruin online competitive play.

There is one instance in which i think bots could be beneficial and fun.

Modify the server load to support 32+ players (8 players on one team, forced, and 24 players on the other team, forced)

The 8 slots on team1 MUST always be ALL players.

The 24 slots on the other team MUST always be ALL bots.

(having a big slaughter of players vs bots would be fun, especially if you overwhelm the odds in the bots favor)

Edited by k-wix

Sometimes i play early in the morning and it just three or four of us and we mess around with knive fights and pistol rounds.

~Dem_Apples

totally agree, morning time with other regs is a great time to practice knives (if we feel really bored) and pistoling. if u look at my stats for the deagle im like 1 kill for every 5 deaths with it... horrible. but practicing in the morning with skilled players has greatly helped out my skill. and anyways, they hack. on the scopeless server theyre ALLOWED to buy scoutz and awps. thats how i have awp kills on meyhem! they also regularly shoot you out of the air, do 180 head shots and other bogus stuff. er they also run around the map with the nade pins pulled until they see an enemy. watching your whole team of 3 bots running around with nades pulled look REDICULOUS. bots = devil. take em off plz! ty

-ich

if i saw players in both servers in the mornings the we wouldn't even have added bots.

what you guys are saying is (correct me if i'm wrong) instead of kicking up a full game that will in turn boost our server popularity all around, you'd rather have the server to yourself in the morning...

I'm looking at the greater good here...they do more good than bad. Granted, they are not like real people...but I find them rather amusing...and they do their job (which is NOT l377 play btw).

It's not as bad as you make it. If you want an empty server to knife someone in....sort your servers by playercount and look at the bottom.

We've had bots for about 4 days or so now....we'll review the pros and cons soon enough as an organization and make a decision. While I don't think your rationale is enough to remove them, your input is appreciated.

What you guys HAVE to remember. Before the bots, there was NO play going on. So you can't much ruin NOTHING.

One thing I've noticed over the past few days with the BOTs is this; people join the server and get a reasonably good-sized game going a lot sooner in the day than otherwise normally happens. Sure I dislike the BOTs (mostly because they pwn me whenever I play them >.<) but I prefer playing with a few BOTs and a few people in the morning to not being able to play in the morning at all.

They totally hack. I was testing something out in mayhem, full of bots, in italy, and as a terrorist. I saw one ct head towards the door. I was fully out of view. I crept onto the balcony area and was going to jump him, but he backed out from under and got a headshot on me. Hackers! :mad:

Guys Guys Guys! and some Girls...

What is the big problem about BOTS?

Yes I did read ur posts. I still dont understand what the big deal it.

I like the BOTS... it's someone for me to play against in the morning when there is like nobody online.

They are better than some noobs too. They call out the bomb, call for help.

Granted they are predictable and AI and u can find their weaknesses... but that doesnt mean u have to use a m4 and AK all the time.

If your having problems shooting a gun or learning a map or something of that sort... You the bots as target practice.

If there was a vote/poll... I would say let's keep the bots... even though they do pop u in the head after spinning around... but who's fault is that?! If you were behind him, u shoulda got him first... so in a sense for your lack of ability to take a BOT down with his back turned... u deserve to be headshot :D

There is my 2 cents.