Recrudescence Mapcycle Discussion

Fatty

Recrud's current mapcycle. I just added piranesi back into the cycle.

cs_italy

de_aztec

de_cbble

de_dust

de_piranesi

cs_office

de_prodigy

de_dust2

Standard maps that are not in the cycle:

de_chateau

de_tides

Thoughts?

PS. Mayhem has it's own mapcycle discussion going on.

Yes!!!111, I'm very happy Piranesi is back on. I think that this is a perfect map cycle. I don't much care for Tides or Chateau.

So I'm guessing that unofficial maps wont be added. If they ever are, the assault hslan is good, or the other small assault map. Inferno was nice too.

But I think that what we got now should be good.

Good map cycle, glad to see de_piranesi is back on.

Also, as for De_compound, and congo. I would leave those off, I think those will be server killers, sure have them on the server for those nights when like 1/2 the server is GC and regs, they are alwasy fun to go on to play around with. esp if everyone is in a chatty mood and all talk is on :)

ahhh memmmoorrrrieeessss

Last night an admin, I think it was fatty, tried to launch dust 3.

I think this is a brilliant idea, especially when the server is packed with the regulars. Its random, fun, and a break from the same old maps is always welcome in my opinion.

It took me a while to download half the map from the gc server, as everyone else was also trying to download the same map, and eventually we returned to office as no one was downloading the map fast enough.

Perhaps you should use the 'Downloads' bit of the gamerscoalition website to allow users to download custom maps like de_dust 3 from the website and not the gaming server, so if random maps are played everyone wont have to wait for the maps to download.

Its just a suggestion but it may tidy a few things up

bb

P.S lets get more custom maps thrown in from time to time

GC Founder

Returning to office had nothing to do with d/l speeds, it was because the server was trying to explore the map for the bots....something that happens automatically if you have bots enabled. Last night we tried dust3 (took dark, one bombsite) and a few others. The only one that seemed to have potential had handicapped hosties.