How many push-ups can you do?

Rashad

(edited)

I can do 81 in 2 minutes. (I had my "for record" Army PT test on Saturday...grader didn't count 5 of 'em...)

About 65 or so in the first minute, then I have to rest and knock out sets of 3 to 5 at a time.

:wacko:

Edited by whudats

For my workouts, I do this (1 set at each amount, going high to low):

Set Size Conditions

70 Crossed-legs (switch at 35)

60 One leg off the ground (switch every 15)

50 Wide arm and legs spread

40 Hands in at shoulders, feet together

30 One leg off the gorund (switch at 15)

20 Close-hand or "diamond" push-ups (fore-finger and thumbs touching)

10 Wide arm and feet together

• 4 weeks later...
The only "push-ups" with which I am familiar are the frozen ones in our freezer that come in orange, lime and rasberry sherbert flavors!  :P  I can do several of those at one sitting .... but not very many in just one minute.....

Cranky B)

i can do three orange pushups in about 90 seconds.

Not sure how many push-ups i can do. But how far can you swim without stopping?

Actually, I do things in "waves" :D {ok - that was bad - but true none-the-less}

I did jogging - 5k's and 10k's for several years in New Orleans. I did weight lifting for a year. I did racquetball for several years. And, I used to go down to the rec-center every morning at 5am and swim one mile Mon-Fri - you guessed it - for one year.

Now, the only exercise I get is staring at my un-used Bowflex and thinking about how rotten I am for not using it. ;)

Still - I keep thinking that I will get off my posterior and get to work on the ole Bowflex. Actually - it's an excellent weight training machine and I could honestly sell them to people because of how pleased I have been with ours. It is quiet, fairly conservative on the floor space and can really load you down if you buy the extra power rods. It's also very well constructed and has given good service. They also back it up _really_ well in that I've never paid for even one replacement item - they always cover whatever is needed under their very generous warranty.

After trying many exercise dodads, we have boiled the list down to three simple things that work - the Bowflex (strength training)... the NordicTrack (aerobic) and the treadmill (for those who keep falling off the NordicTrack).

Cranky B)

I used to take swimming lessons a while back... :D

However, I enjoyed playing raquetball in my early teens. Then something happend. I started playing video games and you guessed it, I joined this wonderful community. Dont play raquetball that often anymore. :(

I still workout or I should say going to workout. I just moved back home today from college, I gotta find my gym membership card. It's gonna take forever to unpack...

See you at the PAC! :smile:

When I was on active duty we would do one set - as many as you could - right before going to bed on every other night. This was in addition to our other workouts and helped me raise my max...