Two Custom Maps I found

cobaltgrc

The first one is called de_kilo2, which takes place in a russian submarine yard and the T's have to make their way to one of two Kilo Class submarines.

link: de_kilo2 w/ pics

The second one is by the same map maker and it is called cs_beirut2, it takes place in a generic middle eastern town and it uses the dust/dust2 textures.

link: cs_beirut2 w/ pics

Both maps feel really big and I don't know how they would work out for a 12vs12 game because as you can see the map maker has also created 64 spawn point versions of his maps. But besides their size they have alot of nice touches (for example when one of the subs gets blown up it sinks into the water, or another example is the water is so cold that it actually does damage). Download them and have a look at 'em, maybe we can see them on Custom Map Night.

-grc

Beirut locked my pc up, but from what I saw before that happened, it's way too big with too many little side areas, just way too much ground to cover to get from one site to the other.

Kilo2 was okay, looked real nice, not sure how it will play thought. The way the subs are laid out, the bombsites are real close, both teams have to go to roughly the same area, so it would be a full team shootout every round. We may give it a try though.

I also tried that de_ignorance map from he other post, also just waaaay to huge.

I just played menace on scopeless, and I fell in love instantly. It's HUGE. gigantic, really. I don't see why a huge map has to have a huge number of players. I like the possibilities a huge map offers to a small number of strategic players. menace has the feel of a lot of maps rolled into it too; like piranesi, italy, and inferno. I recommend checking it out next time it's up. :thumbsup: