de_xanadu

Decoy

(edited)

I respectfully request that the de_islandnation topic be deleted.

This is the most work I've done on a map... ever. I started up again on this, and it's well on it's way to being finished. By the end of the week, even.

The objective is:

Counter-Terrorists must defend both bombsites. One is in the backyard, the other is in the basement.

Here is the synopsis:

The Terrorists spawn on boats, docks, and a small guardhouse outside of the main house.

de_xanadu_a70006sm.jpgde_xanadu_a70007sm.jpg

From there, they have an option to go through an underground(1% underwater) passageway into the basement of the house..

de_xanadu_a70005sm.jpg

Or... They can go up on land and make a full frontal assault.

de_xanadu_a70012sm.jpg

And can sneak into the basement, as well...

de_xanadu_a70025sm.jpg

Once inside the house, you can move around freely..

de_xanadu_a70014sm.jpgde_xanadu_a70015sm.jpg

Take a dip in the pool... and don't forget to take a shower.

de_xanadu_a70016sm.jpgde_xanadu_a70019sm.jpg

Edited by xxDecoy

(edited)

It cut my images off :(

Then you can see what the basement has to offer (so far, as is everything else)

de_xanadu_a70000sm.jpgde_xanadu_a70019sm.jpg

de_xanadu_a70001sm.jpgde_xanadu_a70002sm.jpg

And what can I say about the CTs?

They aren't finished yet, or rather, they really aren't started yet.

Except for one easy entrance into the basement.

de_xanadu_a70003sm.jpg

All in all, I've had a few people test the map, and they enjoy it thus far. I should have a beta by Wednesday. And, as I said, a final version by Saturday night.

Edited by xxDecoy

You forgot the /a7/ part in your picture links besides the second one.

Map looks good so far. Whats that green stuff in the pool?

a7's are in now.

The green stuff is a semi-working appearance of making it seem toxic. I'm getting there. There's more to the map that I still haven't finished yet, and when it is at the beta stage, the people playing it will understand why it's toxic.

As promised, the first beta is complete. Fully functional. Just a few texture problems, and a few solids that didn't want to show up.

However, none of them affect any aspect of the gameplay.

de_xanadu_b3.zip

Enjoy. I hope fatty will throw this up on the server.

(edited)

The map, in my opinion, is officially complete.

There's nothing I more I can do to make it anymore complete.

It is complete.

However, the front yard will drain your fps. Kind of like aztec does when you get into the water. And the generator in the backyard will drain your fps.

However, you can choose many different ways, so the lag won't affect your gameplay.

de_xanadu.zip

Thanks to clueless, shep, toka, norguard, and sleewok for testing this all for me.

It was and still is very much appreciated.

Edited by xxDecoy

(edited)
Wikkid looking map...I can't wait to try it out...unfortunately I keep timing out when trying to dl it...it might just be me...I hope to see this on mayhem this saturday!!!

It was timing out because... i had to have a change of hosts. I have my own website now that I'm hosting the file from.

I could only compile it on fast... the normal build got itself into an infinite loop... I changed the file name to de_xanadu_f.bsp so that if I ever get the normal build to work, we'll use that one. The file I posted up will, most definitely, be the one we're using on saturday.

http://www.xonoxide.com/de_xanadu/

Edited by xxDecoy

Mad cudos to you Decoy for making ur own map!

I tried it out today. Put some bots on. It actually takes a big toll on my fps in some places, escpecially outside entrances. And bots, they were just standing around, but who cares about the bots anyway? I wanna try it out with some ppl! It probably be some good times.

Just talk to me... whether it be on AIM or MSN.. it's not so much that you'll need a tutorial. I found it was harder reading how to do something than figuring it out on my own.

I agree totally Decoy, I've been reading diff tutorials and tips and whatnot online but I find I learn more just by trying diff things.

Course every once and awhile you gotta look up some technical factoid but otherwise experimentation works the best.

I started with a generic simple room, just to test out somethings, then moved onto a fy style map with barrels and slopes and whatnot.

Then I made a simple (well started to) bombing map to learn more features.

Now I've moved into main production on my custom map.

For reference I use the valve hammer tutorial and a few links I found on the steam powered forums. I'll try to dig up some links whne I fire up my other comp.

decoy, awesome job man. i took a run through it, hope you dont mind. looks good, seems like it could be an awesome map with all the good ol "regs" sluggn it out. maybe sometime we can get them to honor you by throwin it into custom map night and get everyone elses opinion. in the mean time....hats off to you man. keep em comin!! ....... you know what i miss though, just an idea if you ever get bored...... i miss good old school cs docks, you know with all the water and so on, lol, just an idea i guess. cya in there, dont kill me too much!! :peace:

decoy, awesome job man. i took a run through it, hope you dont mind. looks good, seems like it could be an awesome map with all the good ol "regs" sluggn it out. maybe sometime we can get them to honor you by throwin it into custom map night and get everyone elses opinion. in the mean time....hats off to you man. keep em comin!! ....... you know what i miss though, just an idea if you ever get bored...... i miss good old school cs docks, you know with all the water and so on, lol, just an idea i guess. cya in there, dont kill me too much!! :peace:

Where were you last custom map night? We played this beauty...it was a little fps hog in some places but otherwise I got pwned...

• 2 months later...