VSP Stats Up and Running

strangefamous

Gamerscoalition Midwest Stock #1

Gamerscoalition Midwest Scopeless #2

Gamerscoalition West Coast #3

They're up and functional, they update every 30 minutes. Some minor tweaking is left for me to do, I'm going to create some images for each server to replace that avalanche logo. Additional tweaks as far as kills, bans removing quotes, information displayed at the top of the page can all be changed.

Lead admins, I'd like to change the "contact" field at the top of the pages to "Led By:" and put in your CS nicks, and have it hotlink to email. It's up to you guys if you want, right now they all point to fatty and me. Pretty much everything can be changed individually for each server without causing me a zillion headaches like PS. lol.

Awards are totally customizable too, I've been dinking with it a bit, I believe right now minimum kills to be statted is set at 50 for all servers, I'll increase it to 200 probably on monday.

All stats displayed are only from 7-1 after 6am or so on..

If you have any questions comments or whatever post em here.

Edited by strangefamous

(edited)

Since this was a main concern I'll share the algorithm for skill calculation here.

$victim_based_skill_no = $victimSkill * $skillset_fraction;

$KillerSkill+=$weaponFactor * $victim_based_skill_no;

$VictimSkill-=$victim_based_skill_no;

In the event of a suicide or a teamkill, the appropriate penalty based on the

above formula is applied

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$skillset['fraction']['value'] = 1/1000.0;

$skillset['weapon_factor']['AK47']=1.5;

This means that every time you kill an opponent you gain points that are equal to the skill your victim has, times the “difficulty� method you frag with.

The opponent however will loose points from his skill equal to the points you gained. 1.5.

Basically by fragging players with a high skill level, you'll increase faster and that player with high skill will lose more skill point when they get killed, than players with lower skillpoints.

We can customize the weapon skill points, but I'm going to leave them were they are for the time being but if we feel customization is required than we can have a group discussion or what not lol.

Team bonuses like rescuing hostages or diffusing bombs are set as events and have values as well which are considerably higher than weapon modifiers.

Edited by strangefamous

(edited)

That is too awesome strange! It's also too awesome that I'm 3rd in those stats (presently) and it gives random quotes!

MrDuke.GC " I wear a size "yes" in bribes "

sorry but this was gold....I'm loving VSP!!!

DuckOfDeath "  I got pings gone wild and pings of spring break on DVD "
Edited by anonymo

get the random quotes off there.

ANTI-HACK! " im bigballing "

brau " bah dumb ultra-christian bible camp servers. i'm out. "

Llama " hi "

Can't filter them, can't have them.

*wow 2 for 2

Here's from scopeless:

{TW}Kiba " I'm headin' out. "

a bag full of puppies " knifeeeedd "

Me " fuuk you "

Yep, the quotes are pretty cool, but that's the problem I had with vsp last time . If we can't filter the quotes they can't be there.

Strange, if you are going to work up some graphics, let me know what you are thinking, I want to skin the stats like the site.

Gotta run to a "babysitter interview," when I get back I'll get the links switched over to the vsp.

I noticed that Scopeless is listed as server #3, it should be #2.

As far as the lead admins being on there as contacts, i like that, good idea, but it would have to be email, PM's would require them to register in the forums, which would be nice, but we shouldnt make it neccessary.

Any lead admins that dont have a GC email account can get one for this purpose if they like.

And what about the map stats? is that possible? I hope so, because I use them alot for monitoring map balance and things like that.

Good work Strange, you da man! :D

I noticed that Scopeless is listed as server #3, it should be #2.

As far as the lead admins being on there as contacts, i like that, good idea, but it would have to be email, PM's would require them to register in the forums, which would be nice, but we shouldnt make it neccessary.

Any lead admins that dont have a GC email account can get one for this purpose if they like.

And what about the map stats? is that possible? I hope so, because I use them alot for monitoring map balance and things like that.

Good work Strange, you da man! :D

#2 and #3 thing have been fixed, I don't know what you're talking about clue. Before we did the whole thing I told you to look at the old vsp and made sure it had what you needed on it.... did it not?

To get the map names to generate on the stats this is what I've been told we need to do

"If You are running an HL2DM or CS:S dedicated server, comment out, or remove any "sv_log" commands from your server.cfg.

Add "logon" (without the quotes) to Your "autoexec.cfg" file (I placed it as first line). And wah-lah...

Now each game is logged as one file (as opposed to the 2 seperate log files normally generated for ea game), and the maps, and stats display correctly"

Basically because CS:S generates 2 log files every map change, one with the name of the map and one with what went on while on it. This is supposed to merge the two allowing vsp to identify map names...

If mrx wants to check on this that'd be coool.

Something is messed up with Mantis. It would run for days w/o crashing or going down...and PCAnywhere keeps stopping regularly...I can't log in to check.

I need to get with strange and have him learn me again how to use VNC....he said I could do it through IE, I just forgot how he said to do it.

One way or another, we need to stabalize that girl.

(edited)

Well when the password was changed last week, I updated all my batch files with the new passwords... But it looks like the password didn't change on scopeless and west coast. Fatty was busy updating all the servers when we spoke so it's understandable that he forgot to tell me that tiny tiny bit of vital information haha :hug:

I dropped the original pass for those servers in the batches and they seem to be going..

all should be well.

Edited by strangefamous