First topic!

Fatty

GC Founder

Mini and I arrived late in New York one evening for salmon fishing. Beautiful evening, we slept in a nice tent...with the vent over me open, fresh air pouring through.

It rained.

Hard.

I slept through it.

Woke up in 3 inches of water. What a wonderful, fresh feeling that is.

Lol, oh my gut hurts!!!!

Back when I was a wee boy scout my troop went to the yearly jamobie (sp) which was being held at in the Black Hills of South Dakota. We stated on Medicine Mountain I think...

Anyway it was the middle of July. Saturday we arived with 90+ degree weather and we set up camp on a steep slope. Monday it was raining. Tuesday it rained more and the temps dropped. Wednesday the temps droped into the 40's and we had mudslides which took out our tents. Thursday it snowed 6 inches...and we left.

The tents of troops 16 can still be found today on that very same hill.

I remember backpacking 7 miles over mountians only to camp all night by a native trout stream, fly fish all that day and catch a 4 inch native trout...than backpack 7 miles back out...ooooooooooo

But hey...the campin was fun :)

I went to the scout jamboree in 2002/2003 in Thailand.

It was pretty fun. I've got hundred of pictures I could upload to spread the interest.

There were about 25000 scouts from all around the world, and on new years eve we had some fat party. I'll get some pictures up within the week.

Mini and I arrived late in New York one evening for salmon fishing.  Beautiful evening, we slept in a nice tent...with the vent over me open, fresh air pouring through.

It rained.

Hard.

I slept through it.

Woke up in 3 inches of water.  What a wonderful, fresh feeling that is.

I had that EXACT experience at Put-N-Bay island. Except when it started raining my drunk friends got into my car and slept, BUT didnt bother to wake me up!! As we were packing I looked into the fire pit and saw a weird wire coil and sat there for about 3 mins thinking about what it could possibly be. Then it hit me, MY SPIRAL NOTEBOOK!!!! The fire was dying down after I passed out and my friends looking for things to burn found my notebook in my trunk, my college notebook with all my notes for my exams that week!!!! I almost pushed them off the ferry that morning..

Oh man Fatty, I thought you were gonna give tips on camping with a view to effective killing. I guess if tents and water are involved (*YUCK*), I'm in the wrong forum. Anyway, enjoy.

• 7 months later...
Mini and I arrived late in New York one evening for salmon fishing. Beautiful evening, we slept in a nice tent...with the vent over me open, fresh air pouring through.

It rained.

Hard.

I slept through it.

Woke up in 3 inches of water. What a wonderful, fresh feeling that is.

but it was the trip there that was truely exciting :o

GC Founder

Oh I forgot going from the back of the truck camper climbing onto the boat while on a highway......erm.

Shouldn't have, but we had artificial bravery going... yes fun ride lol. Very dangerous...wow, gives me chills thinking about it.

• 4 weeks later...
I don't even have anything to say...I just know that there's a few trollers out there that will be disappointed that they didn't get to do this.... :D

I Love to camp I used to do it in, Korea, Turkey, Alaska, England, Isreal, Japan, Hungry, South America and a few other places I can't mention. Now I just camp with the family in a RV

• 2 weeks later...

I don't even have anything to say...I just know that there's a few trollers out there that will be disappointed that they didn't get to do this.... :D

I Love to camp I used to do it in, Korea, Turkey, Alaska, England, Isreal, Japan, Hungry, South America and a few other places I can't mention. Now I just camp with the family in a RV

Where abouts in England did you go camping? I'm from England so theres probably a small chance we may have been to some of the same places