Playing time

kingtutt14

for us that have not been able to play or have computer on the internet, is it going to be possible to update steam and ccs up there. i mean i have not been on the internet on my computer for about 4 to 6 months. so my stuff is not able to update at all. just wondering and let me know.

please, if at all possible, update before you come.

see if you can find a way to hook your PC up somewhere and update steam.

also, update your virus prog and run a full scan (yes, everyone will be scanned, but this is good practice).

took my comp over to black ice's house to update, updated steam and every time i try to update css but it only got 12 % done before my comp started acting really weird and nothing would happen.

i am taking the comp to another buddies place to finish the update but i hope everything is ok with the comp. if not it looks like i will be borrowing one for ff. this day is not going to well...hopefully everything will go ok.

still having a lot of trouble trying to update, steam went through just fine, its just when i try to bring up css, its try's to update but for some reason always times out or cant find the server, it updates alittle but not enough to be happy, i got up to 12 % before it quit the last time, i dont know what to do, i have done a clean uninstall and added it again, this is killing me, if i cant get a comp to work i am going off, i am working on my second one this week, i just decided to scrap the first and start again on the second one..hopefully it will update again over nite

I created the STEAM back-up for all my games onto 2 dvd-rs.

Does anyone know if it would be possible for King to use them?

I burned them last week, so unless there is another update in 3 days, its the current update.

ok things are going good now for me, i have my amd 64 running again and i have steam and css updated...you have no idea how happy i am, udated my drives for my video card and ready to come up there and see if anyone can match the speed of the amd 64. i think not but all comers are welcome to give it a try.

lol.. but i am ready .. yeah yeah :D:luxhello:

:hug: picture of me and black ice in the room.....cant wait until friday.... :lol2:

Not too off topic from here.. but from reading the post about access to the net...

I just want to confirm... The ballroom 'will' or 'will not' have access to the internet.... only the rooms? I have onboard lan on my mobo and I do have a wireless NIC also installed. So if the hotel has wi-fi access, will I get access in the ballroom.. or do I have to wait and see when I get there, it's not really a big deal... just wondering.

Edited by Rezurektion

Hey just a question about the steam backup...when I made mine it didn't backup any of the updates at all :bang:

I probably did something weird...but as far as I can remember I did it the same way anyone else would...but no updates...so I don't know if this is the same for everyone or if there is a way around it just be ready to get frustrated

Be sure to have all your games you plan on playing updated to current version. Source, BF1942, DC etc.... I'll prolly have some updates on cd if some don't have time to install.