XGS drama

Fatty

You know, if you get more then 7, you can lower the price.

Ill kick in $25. And I'll vote to go with the other guys.

XGS sounds like a small company, and Barry is not very professional , which speaks for the company and the way its run.

They cant give us 100 tik.

Their price is the same without the other company even giving us a break.

GC Founder

You know, after putting all the changes, etc into the budget forecast for the year, this could actually just come from GC. With the board's permission, we'll take this parting gift out of the GC fund so nobody has to fork any cash over.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Any reason why we still can't use XGS for like the UT servers or something along those lines? Any real reason to cut him off completely or can there be some 75/25 going on with this situation?

One comment that I will make is that we are running alot of addons, which over time, adds up to server performance problems without regular tweaking.

Barry's attitude isn't abnormal in this industry, and there areliterally TWO GSPs that I've dealt with who are both professional and "good people." That from over 100 companies that have been around since I've been in this industry.

Recongamer is one, and GD being the other. RG is small enough that they've maintained that professional community feel, while GD has "graduated" to a larger company by virtue of their acquisition from Speakeasy.

XGS sounds about par for the course. I'm not too sure A2G will be much better in the long run, but at the same time, they're young and hungry enough to earn our business.

I'll vote in the board room on the compensation to XGS bit.

GC Founder

a2g runs better machines, a smarter gaming OS, and while the company might be younger (2 years or something?) the guy that runs it is by no means a young fly-by-night guy.

I enjoyed GD when we were with them. For a good while there, including our resellings, we were sending them $500 / month. I was strongly considering NetFire (who pwns GD more or less?) when I was looking at dedicated. Ironically, when I contacted NF, Michael Mings, the same guy I dealt with all that time at GD, was the guy that I spoke with. Good guy.