Fatty vs Bubblegum vs You??

Bubblegum Bandit

All right, Fatty and I are getting ready to duel it out for fat loss supremacy. We were talking and decided to make it more fun and to get anyone else involved who wants to join us. So here is how its going to work. Have a weight loss goal and your weight now. Every four weeks we will compare who has lost the biggest percentage of their goal and that person will be rewarded with 5 bucks from each of the other contestants. Our first thought was $5 in pokerstars money (real money, not the play stuff), but if you don't go that route, $5 in cash would work too. Just a little bit to keep you motivated you know. Each week we will do a weigh in and post our progress in this thread. Every four weeks you will be required to post a picture of your progress to verify that you are playing the game honestly.

Let me give a scenario of how it will work.

Player Weight Goal Loss That 4 Weeks Percentage

Fatty 213 15 lbs 3 20

Bub 250 50 lbs 5 10

Fatty would win the 5 bucks for that 4 week period.

If you would like to play along, but not for cash, that would be totally welcome too. Fatty and I just wanted to have a bit more riding on the game for more incentive!!

If you decide to play for cash, we will need to verify that your goal is somewhat in the same ballpark as our goals so that things stay fair. IE, we're not going to let you be 100 lbs overweight and say you wanna loose 5 and win every week, you have to make it work!!!

Ok, so post up if you wanna play, Monday evening will be the official start, you will need to have your goal and pic in by then in order to participate.

I've been losing wieght pretty good so far myself.

I was at 320 and am around 270 in less than 3 months.

My goal wieght is 210 - 220. So I have a way to go yet, but I'm not sure what you consider to be in the same class lol.

Pictures of my loss won't really help for another 20-25 lbs lol but I'll run along with ya guys for fun. Besides not a good example for a pastor to be gambling now is it ;)

Edited by Preacher

(edited)

Hmmm, I am trying to bulk up. I am 150 lbs (that's aboot 68 kilos for you kids on metric) and 6 feet 1 inches (that's aboot 183 centimeters for you kids on metric).

So, how aboot we all meet somewhere in the middle?

Edited by Ak0Mg0

Preacher, that would more than apply..... I was referring to someone basically trying to scam their way in. I didn't mean you have to be at a certain ratio. Anyone is more than welcome to join us whether you put money on it or not. The goal is better health.

I guess it probably wouldn't be a good example to set as a preacher. Do you know of any specific versus where the Bible says not to gamble? I've always approached it in the same way I approach Alcohol. As long as its not something that consumes you and motivates important decisions in your life (like CS...lol) a little in moderation is fine.... Mostly I draw that conclusion from ..... oh man, who was it .... Soloman maybe? Was drunk and sentenced his wife to death because he couldn't make a clear decision?

I always look at gambling, alcohol and other substances or actions that people become addicted to this way: I stay away from it if possible. I do not have a problem with others gambling money they can afford to lose or having a couple of beers or a glass of wine or 2 at dinner. I just know that if I use or do those things I may offend or lead someone down the wrong path. So it's my personal choice not a judgement :)

You need to give me the verse on that one lol never read that soloman statement.

Ok, I'm here.

First off, I edited your panzy title.

Second, I'm gonna toss this up into the featured forums so as to show you up in a little more limelight.

To anyone else who wants in:

-You don't have to do the 5 bucks. Preacher, do it for the temple!

-You don't have to be shirtless, etc, in your pic. Even just pics of your face will show weight loss nicely. Whatever you want, but we want accountability and proof.

Bub has a slight advantage...I've already dropped my extra food weight. Although, I have a slight advantage in having been in a routine now for nearly 2 weeks.

At any rate. I'm here, and ready to TAKE YOU DOWN, BUB!

Fatty

Current Weight: 203

flex_203lb.jpg

The Goal: 188 pounds (loss of 15)

Motivation: Live long, feel better, fight off the family cholesterol curse

The plan:

RUN RUN RUN (about 2.5 miles / day)

run.jpg

Follow up the running with some lifting!

lift1.jpg

lift2.jpg

Of course I'm gonna be eating little and correctly!

eatright.jpg

You might as well quit now bub and transfer your pokerstars cash to me!!

I always look at gambling, alcohol and other substances or actions that people become addicted to this way: I stay away from it if possible. I do not have a problem with others gambling money they can afford to lose or having a couple of beers or a glass of wine or 2 at dinner. I just know that if I use or do those things I may offend or lead someone down the wrong path. So it's my personal choice not a judgement :)

You need to give me the verse on that one lol never read that soloman statement.

No, I didn't take your post as you were judging. Was more asking your opinion. I totally understand and respect your reasoning. If I was with a friend who had a gambling problem I wouldn't suggest that we go gamble. I understand impressions and preachers....my father-in-law is a family pastor. He bought a used chevy cavalier convertable and his congregation thought he was getting too much money. He had looked at a BMW convertable (which price was less by the way) but I could image the uproar that would have made. Anyway, whatever my point was, I'll see if I can find that verse... or at least the one I was talking about. I know at one point in the beginning of my walk, I wanted to know the answer to was drinking permited at all and I searched through the bible and concordance for every reference to drinking I could find to try and form my opinion.

Also, bub and I have another agreement: I'm allowed to kick him off poker if he hasn't exercised.

However, now that it's a competition...my goal would be to exercise and then get bub onto poker before he's had a chance to workout....

Hmmm, I am trying to bulk up. I am 150 lbs (that's aboot 68 kilos for you kids on metric) and 6 feet 1 inches (that's aboot 183 centimeters for you kids on metric).

So, how aboot we all meet somewhere in the middle?

I'm also trying to bulk up. Right now, I'm 6'1 174lbs. Perhaps we could have a separate running for the bulkiness-challenged? 0o0

I've started my serious weight loss and muscle building routine now for about a month. I'd be down for being in the race, but I dont think I'd want to recieve or give any money. Can we think of a different reward that would be cool to have. Like....a weekly winner blurb on the home page something...

just a thougth.

Looking good fatty, keep up the work you two.

Im 6"2, and roughly 174 if my conversions from stone to pounds are correct (14.5 stone??)

I'm trying to get down to 168 (loosing .5 a stone) withing the next 3 weeks.

Plan of action-

Swim before every shift i get at work (I do a bit of lifeguarding in the holidays)

Run hopefully every other day, if legs cant hack it, wait till they can then carry on running

8minutes of intense sit ups every night

a few press ups, followed by beating the crap out of the punch bag.

---------------------------------------------

I'm not in it for the money, just adding to the competition. I put on about 12 pounds on my all inclusive holiday, which needs to be burnt off :freak3:

I'll get some pictures up later, lets the games begin!

• 3 weeks later...

"Wayfarer, I'm going for more like 18-19...you're 23 days younger than I am....don't make me drag you into the virtual workout room too for a race or a posedown or something silly!" (quote from Fatty from "I need your prayers")

Did'nt want to hijack Duke's thread & did'nt know how to quote to here!

I'll get in on this! Just started my routine about the same time as this thread.

(coincidence, really!) Gave up beer! (someone PLEASE stop me!!) Quit

smoking! (5th attempt, but still determined!) Cut out ALL junkfood. Trying to

eat as much sushi as possible, VERY EXPENSIVE!! Now, I have a couple of

distict advantages & disadvantages from you guys.

ADVANTAGES:

1. I am single with no children, time is NOT an issue.

2. I am 34 & would like the above, motivation is NOT an issue.

DISADVANTAGES:

1. Just quit smoking & desire for chocolate & ice cream is extreme

2. underactive thyroid

3. I am disabled, running & even moderate weights are not an option.

Routine:

Four sets of six laps in an olypic size swimming pool every second day.

This is to be increased to five sets when possible (mid-late October)

October first I will implement a short walk & very light weights the

"in between days"

Start weight: 218lbs Current weight: 211lbs Goal: 175-185lbs

As soon as my sister gets her camera up & running I'll post some pics,

(as well as getting a very handsome picture to SJ!)

For starters everyone can see me on the fragfest front page. I am in the front

row fourth from the left. ( with the goete, with the woman to my left)(your right!)

Find it here!

Edited by wayfarer