MOTIVATION for FATTY!

Fatty

GC Founder

It's this coming saturday.

Fixt my typo. :)

Bought a new pair of shoes today, but made the mistake of wearing ankle socks with them.....started a blister on mile 3....stopped immediately and walked with my shoes off 2.5 miles back to my car. Can't have a sore on Saturday. Kinda dumb of me not to break the shoes in slowly. Gonna have to go back to the old ones for this week and the race.

GC Founder

I ran mine in under 50 minutes, which was my goal for the entire 6.2 miles (10k) after I actually ran the course a couple times. I felt good at the end. Here's a pic of me high stepping with about 1/4 mile to go.

fatty_marathon.jpg

I passed that guy, then he passed me... :freak: ...cause right at the end of my leg is a nice hill.....so I busted full go into the hill and my trachea told me it was about done for the run and to knock it off.

Had a blast. I was fearing a let-down after the run..thinkiing I would have the mindset of "ok, did that..."

Now I want to train for something else and improve my times, maybe run further...dunno.

49 minutes is a neat time!

Have a rest for a week then plan to run another race in a month. Hopefully you can take another minute or two off your time??

You could look at doing some 3k races and 5k races as training for another 10k.

How about working on your speed endurance. I did speed endurance training for about 3 years and its really helpful. Basically, it allows you to keep going at a good pace throughout the race, and gives you a strong finish.

If your interested, go down to the local track and do some interval training, or just find a long stretch of road. Heres some effective training programs that I've thrown in. They will really improve your time if you do them twice a week:

1000m interval training-

Warm up

1000m

Rest period (have the rest period match the time that it took you to run the 1000m)

1000m

Rest period (same as the first rest period)

1000m

Rest period (ditto)

1000m

Warm dowm

400m interval training-

Warm up

400m

Rest period of 60 seconds

400m

rest period

etc etc [aim to do about 8 400m's in total, with 60 seconds rest in between each one]

Warm down

Tips

This type of training works very well. I ran for the best club in england for a few years until i put on too much muscle, and they did this type of stuff week in week out.

Always keep going to the end of the distance, dont stop till you get passed the line

Do interval training sessions twice a week, and then maybe go on a long run once a week.

Mess up the patterns a bit to make things fun- change the rest period/ number of repititions you do.

Dont try doing the intervals on the running machine, it wont be as effective as doing it on a track/road - you probably will want to be going faster than the running machine will allow you to go whilst doing the 400m?

Anyway, I hope that helps, use it if you wish :peace:

Edited by *BiGBonES**

GC Founder

My treadmill goes pretty fast actually....a hard run.

I am going to try some of that.

As for the road, I need to give my ankles/shins some recoop time. There's a couple cinder tracks around tho that would be softer than pavement. When I get back, I'm going to stick to the mill until any pain goes away.

Thanks!