MOTIVATION for FATTY!

Fatty

Yesterday evening I was invited to run on a team in the Akron Marathon on October 1!

I'm so amazingly excited! We're not in competition to win, just to complete. I'll be doing a 10k leg. THREE WEEKs!

I just ran 6 miles in 56:26. The 10K equates to 6.2 miles. I'd love to do it in under 54 minutes!

At any rate, this comes at a great time for me! Incredible motivation to not only train, but eat right, etc. Turn up the Rocky soundtrack!

GC Founder

I ran 6 miles in 56:something on Saturday.....I have 3 weeks to train, but I have to taper the last week to rest up.

It's pretty fun to actually say the word "train." I haven't "trained" for something forever.

It's sure changed my workout of 2.5 miles of cross-training on the treadmill (combo of jog, climb)......

I need to work up to 7 or 8 miles in the next two weeks before I drop off before the race....it's nuts!

GC Founder

Welp, what a pain. I keep raising the bar. This is going to be the death of me!

I bought a new Nike outfit and a blinkie light, put bandaides over my nipples, and ran the 6 miles in 50:46 tonight!!

Here I is:

fatty195lbs.jpg

Yesterday evening I was invited to run on a team in the Akron Marathon on October 1!

I'm so amazingly excited!  We're not in competition to win, just to complete.  I'll be doing a 10k leg.  THREE WEEKs!

I just ran 6 miles in 56:26.  The 10K equates to 6.2 miles.  I'd love to do it in under 54 minutes!

At any rate, this comes at a great time for me!  Incredible motivation to not only train, but eat right, etc.  Turn up the Rocky soundtrack!

Insert theme for "Chariots of Fire" here. :lol2:

GC Founder

Tonight's Run:

7:11

7:26

8:20

8:46

8:28

8:12

48:23

The 3rd and 4th mile uphills are brutal on me.

My 10k leg of the marathon is pretty much all downhill:

Check the elevation chart.

I'll be running the 9.3 to 15.5 mile section...so I would hope that a time well under 48:00 will be possible. Heck, I still have 2 weeks to train. I'm quietly going to seek a time under 46:00, given the fact that I'm running an up and down practice course and my leg is almost all downhill......shhhhhh....

GC Founder

I DID IT!

6 miles

7:14

7:34

8:44

8:15

7:46

7:59

47:32

Over the weekend I did my 6 and then ran another uphill 1.6 directly after for 7.6 miles (need to increase stamina for power in my finish)....lifted Sunday night, then rested a complete day (went to sleep WAY early last night).....all leading up to tonight's run on a nice, cool evening.

Felt great. Busted my goal of 48 minutes...busted my previous record of 48:23 by 51 seconds.

Didn't go the extra couple miles after....but will run 8 miles on Thursday and Saturday.....erm, golf outing saturday...check that......unless I do it prior...erm, ok, scratch Saturday.....so Thursday and Sunday I'll run my 8 miles....6 on Tuesday....then an easy 4 on Friday.....then Saturday is the big day! Woo!