Nintendo's "Revolution"

Acid-Flux

Seeing as Nintendo is usually the lesser of the 3 systems to be bought (PS, XBox, Nintendo), they always have to come up with new ideas, and this one is defiantly a neat idea. I think Nintendo has stepped up in this console, and are going to have alot more of us "Coinsurer’s" talking. I use the term Coinsure loosely because I know alot of people who are programmers and have been fooling around with electronics / equipment have more respect of Nintendo because of what new idea's they come up with and how they are implemented. Anyways, that's just my feeling.

Always, Nintendo released their design for their new "Controller" and might I say it's defiantly different. This is an interesting read, and I suggest that people who want a system that ISNT a computer *cough* Ps3, and XBox 360 *cough* read

this.

Edited by Acid-Flux

The point thing is only for certain aspects, ie like a light gun, the positioning system is independent of the TV.

What I want is a game that uses two of the controlers for your hand movements and a mat for actual forwards and backwords stuff. woo woo duel weilding here I come!

I personally hated the Gamecube and I spit on Sony (sooooo corrupt) so I'm one of those Xbox people...but this console looks just too pimp! I thought the controller was ridiculous at first, but now I think it's brilliant! I'm now really looking forward to seeing this beauty in action...

Oh man, what a ridiculous idea. That has just crossed the Revolution off my list for good I think. Even though I'm also disappointed with the PS3 controller, it didn't cause me to burst out laughing like this just did. I can imagine 4 friends playing a game, and someone walking in who knows nothing of games --- it would look like they're all fighting to change the channel. I'm just flabbergasted. I know I shouldn't be too judgemental until I get my hands on it, but just the look of it is stupid enough to turn me off. At this rate, as much as I hate Microsoft for cashing in on this market, their pompous, endless boasting and arrogance, I might be getting the 360. This is not a good idea on Nintendo's part.

Ive been a nintendo exclusive person since the NES, I love nintendo.. When I first saw the pic from Acid's link I thought it was a joke, Im thinking 2 buttons (one trigger and the 'A' button) thats terrible... And im still thinking it.. Ill be buying it though.. :)

How you gonna play mortal kombat on that?? I dont like it the more im thinking about it..

Edited by Batman

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

That sure is different and Nintendo has always been ahead on that.. and they have to be. I mean somehow they outlived Sega and now they have MS and Sony leading the pack. I personaly am more curious as to what sort of hardware will be in this thing.

Edited by zerodamage .gc

I think that if it weren't for the joystick, I'd be opposed to it, but it really is an intuitive design - something that everybody is capable of using, and with a little practice, something that can be mastered with a decent amount of accuracy.

I showed my kids and they flipped!! They like the part about swinging the controller to swing a sword in the game.. The wife said "looks like I wont be hitting the wrong buttons anymore.".. We'll see how good or bad they are when it comes out..