Classical music

Rashad

Do we have any "Mozart makes you smarter" fans? I have to say in all honesty...I listen to classical music. Yes it's true... ...When I listen to classical music my mood changes, I feel relaxed, and rejuvenated.

One of my favorite composers is Giovanni Palestrina. He mainly wrote music for the Roman Catholic Church around 1560. I started to take interest in his work after playing some of his shorter compositions in band.

ps, you haven't lived until you've heard "the string quartet's tribute" to insert favorite band here.

notable performances/covers include:

- tool

- radiohead

- a perfect circle

- system of a down

- weezer

- guns n roses

- iron maiden

- nirvana

the list goes on and on. strings and winds aren't just for momma's boys anymore. B)

• 3 weeks later...

I used to play a bit of classical music whilst studying for exams. My next door neighbour also used to play it full blast out of his house with all the doors and windows open whilst we both revised in our gardens. It was quite funny/refreshing but not much revision got done.

Also, theres some good TV program on over here. I dunno if its happened in the USA yet but the lead singer from the rockband Kiss came over to an English private school of classical music. He's got to turn a class of classical music gods (one of whom speaks elvish) into rock stars.

• 4 weeks later...
Also, theres some good TV program on over here. I dunno if its happened in the USA yet but  the lead singer from the rockband Kiss came over to an English private school of classical music. He's got to turn a class of classical music gods (one of whom speaks elvish) into rock stars.

Yeah I saw that over here in the states. The funny thing was they subtitled the Brits most the time. Kinda lame seeing as they werent that bad. Even the slang at times isnt hard to work out. (myself being a Brit kinda helps) They have however subtitled Americans over here as well. :shrug03:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
(edited)
ps, you haven't lived until you've heard "the string quartet's tribute" to insert favorite band here.

notable performances/covers include:

- tool

- radiohead

- a perfect circle

- system of a down

- weezer

- guns n roses

- iron maiden

- nirvana

the list goes on and on. strings and winds aren't just for momma's boys anymore. B)

are you saying that there is a string quartet tribute for each of those bands? if that is true, then WHERE DO I GET THEM?

Edited by {GpL}TheGeek998

(edited)
the same place you get all your music. just depends where you get your music from.

here's evidence that i'm not lying:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=br_ss_...tring%20quartet

holy.........cow...........

THE MOTHERLOAD!! :o

your my hero, time to start saving up!! :peace:

edit: the only one i want so far is the linkn park cd, the coldplay and system of a down didnt sound too good.

Edited by {GpL}TheGeek998