Think about this.

TheReverend(c)

Next time your at the pump spending $2.95 a gallon (South Dakota prices), consider the following: Taxes not included.

1. Diet Snapple 16oz anyflavor $1.29 (Once again SD prices) = $10.32

2. Vicks Nyquil or Dayquile 6oz $8.35 = $178.13 a gallon

3. Pepto Bismal 4oz $3.85 = $123.20 a gallon

4. Whiteout 7oz $1.39 = $25.42 a gallon

5. Scope mouthwash any flavor 1.5oz $.99 = $84.48 a gallon

6. Lipton Ice tea 16oz $1.19 = $9.52 a gallon

7. Gatorade 20oz $1.59 = $10.17 a gallon

8. Ocean Spray 16oz $1.25 = $10.00 a gallon

9. Break Fluid (most brands) 12oz $3.15 = $33.60 a gallon

10. Evian Bottled water 9oz $1.49 = $21.19 a gallon

The average tanker truck of gasoline used to refuel gas stations holds roughly 12000 gallons of gas. At $2.95 a gallon thats $35,400. That same tanker truck with Nyquile would be $2,137,560! Also not including taxes and charges. Gas doesnt look so bad afterall. Fortunately they dont run on Snapple. :D

Next time your at the pump spending $2.95 a gallon (South Dakota prices), consider the following: Taxes not included.

1. Diet Snapple 16oz anyflavor $1.29 (Once again SD prices) = $10.32

2. Vicks Nyquil or Dayquile 6oz $8.35 = $178.13 a gallon

3. Pepto Bismal 4oz $3.85 = $123.20 a gallon

4. Whiteout 7oz $1.39 = $25.42 a gallon

5. Scope mouthwash any flavor 1.5oz $.99 = $84.48 a gallon

6. Lipton Ice tea 16oz $1.19 = $9.52 a gallon

7. Gatorade 20oz $1.59 = $10.17 a gallon

8. Ocean Spray 16oz $1.25 = $10.00 a gallon

9. Break Fluid (most brands) 12oz $3.15 = $33.60 a gallon

10. Evian Bottled water 9oz $1.49 = $21.19 a gallon

The average tanker truck of gasoline used to refuel gas stations holds roughly 12000 gallons of gas. At $2.95 a gallon thats $35,400. That same tanker truck with Nyquile would be $2,137,560! Also not including taxes and charges. Gas doesnt look so bad afterall. Fortunately they dont run on Snapple. :D

who exactly signs your paycheck?

:smiling2:

Was going through the grocery store and using the little calculator thats on the cart. Passes the time waiting for my wife to get done. But really if you look at the numbers, gas by bulk is cheaper than a lot of things. One of the few things I could find comparable was milk and OJ at around $3.50 a gallon. We never buy huge amounts of that kind of stuff in bulk, but imagine large institutions buying for a lot of people. Not sure how much Nyquil Proctur & Gamble ships a day but its worth more than gasoline. :D

Think about this ...

We Canadians export approximately 3 times the oil we consume, yet our prices jumped nearly 20cents/litre after Katrina...wonder if we're being gouged? I wonder if the government would care if the oil companies were screwing the public? Probably not as they receive huge amounts of money from them in taxes and lobbying (I hate lobbying so much!)

Some towns and cities in Quebec protested this rediculousness by simply taking as much time at the pumps as possible and only filling up about 50 cents at a time...could work...

Hope it works out for you guys...Unfortunately in the short-term the station owners take it in the neck. Might want to buy some stuff from the Quik-E-Mart when you're fueling up, you know, with all the extra money you have at these prices.

But seriously, let us know. Organizing Americans to do anything is like getting a herd of cats to march in a straight line but anything's worth a try if it shows promise.

Edited by appalachian_fox

Hope it works out for you guys...Unfortunately in the short-term the station owners take it in the neck.  Might want to buy some stuff from the Quik-E-Mart when you're fueling up, you know, with all the extra money you have at these prices.

But seriously, let us know.  Organizing Americans to do anything is like getting a herd of cats to march in a straight line but anything's worth a try if it shows promise.

Organiziation? group effort? working together? whats that?

No kidding. And they'll still sell gas to truckers and mass transit. They gotta get theirs.

Of course, I heard that the Governor of Georgia again asked schools to close, this time for FOUR days, to stem the rising costs of fuel. I honestly didn't follow up on this (no schoolkids yet) so I don't know if this was just speculation and if not how many schools followed through, but this is getting a bit crazy...The oil companies need to consider either (1) adjusting their risk analyses or (2) putting all that money they're making into physical security and risk mitigation (oil reserves?).