That time again..

Slimmage

I'm going to be purchasing a new computer shortly and am willing to put down a fair chunk of change on this one. I've put together a list of components and would really like some feedback!

I'll be using it for gaming as well as other things. Right now my main game of interest(like many others here) is HL2 and its mods.

1 x PC ASSEMBLY AND TESTING (PRE-CONFIG OS IF PURCHASED)

1 x ANTEC P180 ATX ADVANCED MID TOWER ALUMINUM CASE 4X5.25 1X3.5 6X3.5INT NO PS W/ USB & AUDIO PORTS

1 x AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core Processor S939 Manchester 2Ghz 512KBX2 90NM Retail Box

1 x ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard NFORCE4-SLI S939 DDR 2XPCI-E16 2PCI-E 3PCI SATA RAID LAN Sound 1394

1 x OCZ Gold VX EL PC3200 1GB 2X512MB DDR400 CL-2-3-3-8 184PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory Kit

1 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 400GB SATA W/ NCQ 7200RPM 8MB 8.5MS RoHS Hard Drive OEM 5YEARS MFR Warranty

1 x SONY BLACK 1.44MB 3.5IN FLOPPY DRIVE

1 x BFG GEFORCE 7800 GTX OC PCI-E 256MB 256BIT GDDR3 DUAL DVI HDTV VIVO SLI READY VIDEO CARD

1 x OCZ OCZ45012U-450W MODSTREAM POWER SUPPLY PCI-E READY W/ EZMOD CABLE SYSTEM & BLUE LED FAN

1 x Microsoft Windows XP Professional X64 Edition OEM Single Licence W/ CD

1 x CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY 2 ZS 7.1 1394 24BIT OEM SOUND CARD

1 x BenQ DW1640 DVD +RW 16X8X16 -RW 16X6X16 DUAL LAYER +R 8X -R 4X BLACK IDE OEM W/ SW

Thanks!

Edited by Slimmage

(edited)

get 2gigs of ram instead of one, get a 520w powerstream instead of the modstream, get an x-fi instead of audigy 2, and just stick with 32bit windows. also, if you have the money, step up the 4400+. if you plan on overclocking then go with the dfi over the asus.

btw, that case is not aluminum like it says. the internal is just steel. a friend of mine has it. you can also tell this by looking at the weight.

you purchasing from ncix?

edit - btw, nice system. i'm jealous.

Edited by Cujo

(edited)

yea personally i waste money on 64 bit XP, especially when vista is coming out next year(probably!!!)

also, it looks like your trying to get a Beast of a machine, If your not getting two video cards, Id skimp on the SLI and drop in more RAM.

with the hard drives... didn't your mother tell you not to put all your eggs in one basket???

Id get 2x200Gig. Actually I would get 1x74gig 10,000 RPM raptor and 1x200 gig for my back and data

Edited by NOFX