CIV IV

Penty

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, I thought that upgraded all the unit in that city?

A couple things I'm noticing.

1) I cant make money.

2) My people are angry.

3) I have to spend money on culture so they are happy.

4) I have to keep research at like 30% or I lose money.

5) I have banks, markets, courthouses and I'm still going broke.

6) I have colloseums and theaters, resources and military making happy people and they are still miffed at me.

I'm also finding that my cities need to be spread out in order to grow effectively. Also, I need to focus on tile improvements that earn money.

I agree we should take out eqypt.

There was a point last night that I was -11gp/turn, but I had just mauled a couple barbarian villiages so I was flush with cash. Now I have research at 80% and I'm making +5gp/turn. I think it's cause of the number of cities I have. I did have to build markets and courthouses in them to get back into the black, but the more cities you have the more $$$ you can generate if you have the right city improvements. You can also set the city governor in your good income-generating cities on maximum commerce to improve cash-flow.

For happiness, you can't let your cities grow to fast, or they'll get miffed real fast. Depending on your civices, you can combat the sad faces with military units/buildings, religious buildings, and in the larger cities make some of the citizens priests. And of course you can build wonders that will improve city mood.

Right, have most of that. It struck me that the only land tiles producing more than 2 gold was my water territories. Flat, grasslands or deserts do not go very far in producing money. I have to rebuild cottages to just get my income up. I'm also moving west as you could tell toward the end there.