CIV IV

Penty

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went over and got mine durning lunch. A little disapointed in the box, the Tin from Civ III was nice. But they did a good job on the manual.

I tend to agree with you mookie, one of my favorite aspects of AC was the tech tree and how you could bypass stuff if you wanted. Looking at the tree in IV they went back to that although in a more limited fashion.

I now have to make the big decision, take off from work tomorrow or not...

From what people were saying on the civfanatics.com forums it was very hard to get yesterday but should be coming in today.

From what I have been reading it sounds awesome. Better interface. Streamlined and actually functional multiplayer. Religion. Borders that actually work. Good looking graphics. Some cool diplomacy options.

I am GOING to get it but I have to wait. It is destined to be my birthday gift but my birfday is not for three weeks.

On order from new egg (saves me having to remember to go and get it), so should get it at some point in the next couple of days.

However, I have a feeling my wife will be trying to make off with my copy until Christmas time, so I may just have to work from home for the rest of the week to beat her to the mail.

Tons  of people with ATI cards are having big issues and their game won't start.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=133003

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.p...334#post3214334

Just skimmed through these and I must say Ouch! I have a 9600 which seems to be right in there with most of those people having trouble.

I'm running an ATI 9200 and it runs fine on relatively high settings...it seems to be a lot like III in terms of gameplay...im actually kinda dissapointed that the only things they really changed were the graphics...still played it all day tho :D

I'm running an ATI 9200 and it runs fine on relatively high settings...it seems to be a lot like III in terms of gameplay...im actually kinda dissapointed that the only things they really changed were the graphics...still played it all day tho :D

They actually changed a lot more than the graphics. A guy is writing a 'walkthrough' and he points out some really cool stuff you can do. Check it out here. Just reading it made me want to go buy the game and forget this birthday crap. Just the awesome things you can do by combining your leader traits with wonders and diplomacy. The great people thing is completely new and has me wringing my hands in delight. Then all the options that become available with religion...

must breath slowly...

Sure hope you guys enjoy playing the game :blink:

I was a little disapointed that you can't play in America pretty much at all. I wish they followed history atleast a little bit. I'm playing Japan and its 1930. America is completely empty and only has some Mexicans and some Native Americans. I also haven't discovered railroads but i have fusion bombs.

Ok...I'm sorry...I lied...This game is rediculously fun and they put so much more into it since the last installment...I think it was just playing for 6 hours straight that had me feeling like I was back in Civ3

Making Ghandi a war monger is just too much fun!