CIV IV

Penty

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep.

My only reservation so far is the advanced stage. On single player it seems to be very short. I have been playing on 'noble' and when it gets to the space race it just seems too easy to switch everything over to production and win the game. Just seems too fast. My next game I am either going to up the difficulty or eliminate the space race victory...

Maybe its time for... (pigs in space voice) TOTAL DOMINATION!!!

Yep.

My only reservation so far is the advanced stage. On single player it seems to be very short. I have been playing on 'noble' and when it gets to the space race it just seems too easy to switch everything over to production and win the game. Just seems too fast. My next game I am either going to up the difficulty or eliminate the space race victory...

Maybe its time for... (pigs in space voice) TOTAL DOMINATION!!!

I found the same thing and removing the space race as a victory option worked well. It forced me to take over the world to achieve victory...muahahahahahah!

Played last night for about 5 hours. I was American with Washington. I played on the level above cheiftan. I only got 6 cities built by the time the other nations had blocked me off.

I really took my time and payed attention to my cities. I was on desert, floodplain and jungle so my cities couldn't grow much past 12 without resources or luxuries. I managed to get the guy between me and japan to go to war with japan, and when Japan was weak I pounced and took 4 of his 6 cities. I fortified and waitied. Then 2 of the cities revolted and converted to he civ I was allied with in the war. Bastage.

Problem is our tech's and units are closely matched so I had to reseach unitl I could get tanks, then rush build about 30 or so tanks at 810 gold a shot. I stationed my troops outside 4 of the boarder cities and launched me attack.

Each city had about 2-3 infantry witha few SAM infantry and perhaps an artilery or two. One city had 5 infantry, 3 SAM, and like 5 Cavalry. I attacked that city with about 9 tanks.

Then I realized that infantry was mowing down my tanks. I'd lose on average 2 tanks per infantry. I knew I should have built a ton of artilery and bombers to weaken their defenses and lower their HP. It took about 3 turns to take 3 of the 4 towns...I raized two of them cause I didn't have the manpower to qwell the resistance or want to risk a turn. I threw about another 12 or more tanks at the remaining city. I had 4 tanks left when it finally fell. I raised that city as well. So now my guys are getting p.o.ed at me for war so I'm upping my culture spending to keep them happy and still have enouh money to spend about 2 or 3k gold to rush produce tanks. I've got about 80+ turns left before the end of the game. I've got two civs that have more points than I, but if I can wipe out the remaining two civs on my continent I'll have the city count and land area to beef up production of culture and units big time.

I'd like to get a naval game going with you guys where we can do the island map. That would be soooo fun. Bombing and bombardment from ships would be so much fun as we pummple our adversaries and possibliy even ourselves...

Edited by Brillow_Head

Fighters and bombers go on carriers. Soon as I get done cleaning the appartment (in expectation of my new wifes arrival next monday) I'm going to whip up an island map and play until I cant see straight. I'll be offline until after the holliday weekend and I'll no longer be officially single.....then I get to start the long process of changing my wifes perseption of games, I've got her hooked on the sims, just gotta expand her gamming vocabulary.