THE NIGHT FROM HELL

Acid-Flux

So yesterday after work, I figured I didnt have much to do so I went up to Niagara falls to get my Work visa. I already have a OPT visa which allows me to work, but I figured since I have the time I Would like to get the full proper TN visa and this is the email I had to send out to my employer. Names and phones were *'d out for obvious reasons.

As you know I went to get my TN visa yesterday after work, well what a mistake that was. Here is what crap I had to go through last night. I get up to the border, and am told I have to loop around and get my visa when I come back into the United States. So I figure im across the border why not go for dinner. 3 hours later I get to the border and start the process of getting my TN visa. Then a hour waiting in line, i was told I have be denied because of improper paperwork on my employer's part. So another 45 min goes by while he works on a computer, then I have to get finger printed and photo graphed which took another 1/2 hr because most of the machines didnt work. By this point it's almost 10. Then he comes back about 1/2 later telling me I cant get back into the states because I dont have the proper paperwork, and I didnt get my TN visa. Even though I have my OPT, he wouldst let me in for some reason; probably because he wanted to get home. He actually got someone else to finish the last 10 min of the paperwork and he left, but I digress. So of course I start freaking out when they KICKED ME OUT OF THE COUNTRY. HAHA yes, I was actually kicked out of the USA because of the improper paper work. So now at this time im freaking out even more so I end up calling my home back in Kingston, then my Girlfriend to see if there were any papers she could bring me to at least get me back into the states. so around midnight my girlfriend shows up with some papers which turn out to be wrong. around 2:30 this morning my gf shows up with some more paperwork which would hopefully allow me to cross, well it turns out she brought the wrong paper work again. Since it was 2:30 and I needed to get back home (here in Buffalo), I just decided to chance it at the border and see if they switch up the guards. Well thankfully they did, and I think with my story I confused the heck out of him so much that he let me back into the Country. so I get home at around 3:30 this morning and woke up at 6am to start calling people (*****) and writing this email to you. I will not be into work today because I am driving down to *****'s and get her to provide me the right information so I dont get kicked out again. The border was nice enough to first give me a list of exactly what ***** needs to say, so it isnt a giant guessing game like last time and they also conveniently told me the officer who deals with the NAFTA is only there from 9-4 M-F. I will be calling ***** again in a bit to try and get her as soon as she walks in the door and tell her my horrific story. Il everything goes as planned I will be there Monday, if not you will be able to see me jumping over the falls. Ok ok that last part isnt true, but I will be figuring out ANOTHER way to get back in here. If you would like to contact me, please email me or call me at ***-***-****.

Best regards,

Steven Hurd.