1 terabit/second

stutters

Yeah, and I can imagine the cost of the connection too. I just run bittorrent at work and while I sleep, I'm never in a rush to dl anything. And while I do think there's problems on my comp with my connection, I don't think it's actually caused by the cable.

wow.. Ok heres what Im seeing for the future. The network is going to be so fast that your hard drive in the your computer will not be needed. Everything will be stored remotely and you can boot your computer from any terminal.

Can you even transfer a two hour movie between harddrives at .5 seconds?

OK! I have done a world net conferance on a internet backbone called internet2. (its intenet2, there's no space) The backbone is huge! 10 Gbos to be exact.

https://mail.internet2.edu/wws/arc/i2-news/...2/msg00001.html

and there is no commercial trafic jamming up the load. Internet2 is used only for educationial purposes and research purposes. Here is the abilene network weekly report, you will see how fast they can transmit data through from host to claint. *abilene houses the super computers to support the demand of the load.

http://netflow.internet2.edu/weekly/20051024/#fastest

And here is a link to see where the Fiber Optic lines run.

http://loadrunner.uits.iu.edu/weathermaps/...ne/abilene.html

I know this because i was in cisco networking and i had to do a world conferance over the internet2 line. I cant find the speed in downloading and uploading, i lost my link. But if i can remember right, we transfered the national archives which is severial terabytes to australia in about 3 min.

So, ya check out those links they are pritty cool.

Can you even transfer a two hour movie between harddrives at .5 seconds?

No way can you do that. You'd better have a lot of RAM, because your hard drive will still probably take at least 15 minutes to store a movie.

I have a 4 gb cenatech ram drive. The only bottleneck is the fact that the dvdrom can only send so much data at a time. :D

Yeah i knew that people were not using internet2 properly. But i heard of collge students that were fined for illegaly downloading movies with internet2.

If i remember right they downloaded the matix and whole CD's like creed. They downloaded a total of like..... 2 gigabytes in under 30 min.

The college students were fined 20,000 to 28,000 dollars each. The students were forced to give up their computers and then had no money to stay in college.

Its so sad. Take this as a warning to all who think that they can get away with stealing bandwidth from internet2. DONT DO IT! There is anonymous servers constantly checking internet2 for comercial traffic.

Sorry to get serious. Its just not worth it.