F.E.A.R graphics

Guest ash-

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
(edited)

for those fortunate ones out there that have a monster PC capable of running F.E.A.R with all settings maxed out, can you give us a comparision of the graphics in F.E.A.R compared to the other top engines at present and the best of what the next gen consoles have to offer?

Edited by ash-

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
Fears better :P

i thought so too. i run F.E.A.R at 800x mostly medium quality and it still looks awesome. the sound effects are also awesome, but i think they are tied with BF2.

OH MY GOSH! The single player demo for F.E.A.R. is soooo SCARY!! I wasnt scared *actualy i couldnt sleep for another 13 hours. Seriously, if you have a computer that was worth something at some time play the demo. You will like it.

And the MP demo has unlimited online play with 2 maps. most of the SP effects are still there, exept the slow motion.

I run it on med/high settings. Some of the parts in FEAR did scare the heck out of me though. Seemed like some plot elements were opened up too early in the game. #2 on my favorite gams list, right next to Half Life. After I beat it, I went through it again only using melee and slo-mo and figuring out the most useful ways to use the game props. IE: fire extinguishers. :biglaugha:

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
I run it on med/high settings. Some of the parts in FEAR did scare the heck out of me though. Seemed like some plot elements were opened up too early in the game. #2 on my favorite gams list, right next to Half Life. After I beat it, I went through it again only using melee and slo-mo and figuring out the most useful ways to use the game props. IE: fire extinguishers.  :biglaugha:

i love FEAR, i have yet to beat it though. me and my cousin (who is a console freak) are playing it on and off till we beat it. he thinks the graphics are the best he has ever seen period, lol. does anyone else think the invisible ninjas were cool as heck?

Its a game thats supposed to be scary but isn't, just like Doom 3.

The graphics are good... i guess...

Alot of people aren't scared of Demons because they can't believe in them. And Doom is more about gore than being scary, just a lot of reviewers said it was scary and they threw one of the quotes on the box.

And trust me, ALL lights off, volume up, full graphics, (MOST IMPORTANTLY) don't raise the gamma like a pansy and play as dark as its supposed to be played and you'll be scared.)

(edited)
Its a game thats supposed to be scary but isn't, just like Doom 3.

The graphics are good... i guess...

I can't believe you didn't find Doom 3 scary. That was the scariest game I've ever played. First time through, I had nightmares at night waking up in cold sweat (no joke).

I played FEAR demo and think the game has potential to be scary, but demo wasn't. As soon as I get my rig up to par with Shep's I'll check it out.

*Spelling

Edited by Vovik

fear is made by one of my favorite FPS gaming companies - the same people that did NOLF and NOLF2. I haven't bought fear yet because my system is kind of under powered and I want to upgrade that first.

However, I found that even with my current system, HL2 was prettier and I liked the environments much better.

The demo is actually just all the good parts from the first level squeezed down into 20 minutes. It was supposed to be one of the scariest parts of the game but i think the demo ruined it. Then ontop of that, they ruined the demo becuase the demo was the E3 demo, which i watched 2 or 3 times.

I played it two nights in a row at 1 in the morning with headphones. The scariest it got was when i thought i left the oven ON after making pizza.

Oh, and the "soft shadows" look terrible. :D

Oh yeah, and I got scared playing DOOM3. I'm probably a pansy but most of the freak outs were short lived. Once the "scare" factor or event was done, I wasn't any big deal, but I loved the increase in heartrate.

I'll admit, while I didn't enjoy Doom 3's engine at all and had to play it on someone else's computer anyway (a quick way to stop me from playing a game, if I can't do it at home) I didn't stop because I needed to find the time to invest at a friend's house: I stopped because it was freaky and I didn't want to continue.

And trust me, ALL lights off, volume up, full graphics, (MOST IMPORTANTLY) don't raise the gamma like a pansy and play as dark as its supposed to be played and you'll be scared.)

Saris, there's actually a part in the manual that says something to that effect. I've played other games under similar conditions and the closest thing I got to a jump was FarCry. Doom 3 was better in the fear aspect.

That being the case, I think I'm going to have to find a computer to borrow to play F.E.A.R. SP. I played the MP, wasn't impressed (with the gameplay). Graphics looked amazing, if you have a really nice computer. If not, don't bother unless you have a fat internet pipe and time to kill. It's a pretty hefty download.

i love FEAR, i have yet to beat it though. me and my cousin (who is a console freak) are playing it on and off till we beat it. he thinks the graphics are the best he has ever seen period, lol. does anyone else think the invisible ninjas were cool as heck?

Yeah. One of the best parts for melee and slo-mo. A time or two I got tired of waiting on them so when I got a clear shot I pulled out the shottie.

PS, Possible Spolier: The nailgun just rocks.