• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 9 games decided by 8 or more were included within those 17 games. So there were 8 decided by 6 or 7, and 8 decided by more than that.

From what I was looking at there doesn't seem to be any particular correlation between GC members playing and teams winning. I saw some games that were blowouts against 4 or so members, with no members on the winning team. I saw some games where a handful of GC members were on the winning side of a blowout.

I didn't take into account any player scores individually, because that would take way too long on a large set of data, but the game pages are easy enough to read and a good summary is near the top.

http://69.221.180.211/VSP/pub/themes/bisma...fig=mwscope.php

One thing I've noticed is there seems to be a discrepancy from VSP's count of players and the players listed. My guess is that the count is for players that connected, and it only lists players that actually had stats recorded (kill, death, picked up bomb, etc.). One nice thing is that it seems to separate the stats put together by a single player onto the two teams if they changed, so if someone switched to the hard side after putting together a nice 20:1 the 20-1 seems to stay with the side they played on (if that makes sense).

Whilst I can partially understand the the issue people are raising here, it's frustrating to be on a side that goes 8-1 down or worse. I can't believe it creates such a debate, short of implementing a police state on the servers, where someone takes responsibility for matching the skills and teamwork of each side before the game starts (and then 5 rounds into the game or more frequently if people leave and join) I don't see how this is meant to be rectified.

I don't play as much as some people and probably don't see this "stacking" as often as them, but I can't really see what anyone wants done about it.

Whenever I play, both myself and other players have switched teams if scores or skill seem totally one sided and short of banning people for not switching if they're top of the scoreboard and their team is 6-1 up, all we can do is rely on people doing the right thing to keep the game fun.

Just looking at a final map score of 10-1 or 9-1 doesn't always reflect how tight a game has been, I've been in a number of games where the scoreline has been like that, but individual scores and the rounds themselves have been really tight.

Not ranting too much I hope, but from personal experience, I've seen stacking called in game more than once where it was far from the case, and topics like this more often than not just encourage people to claim it's the reason they're being beaten.

In Laz's previous post, does him joining and CTs winning 9 straight rounds suddenly mean teams are stacked? (Nice work by the way)

Edited by Leveller

Exactly what I was getting at Leveller. You can see by the pic, there are 3 new people on T side. Some got tired of losing in such a streak and left, only to be replaced.

So, where is the stack? Were the cts just playing ineffectively although it wasnt stacked? Or was I a "stacker"? Although a great comeback for one side, it really ticks off the other.

So far my feelings on perfectly balanced teams.. BORING

I really hate to add fuel to the fire.. but last night i had a pretty rotten experience, the teams were stacked the entire time and no one was really listening to me begging people to switch to give us a remote chance, i took a few pics of the score to give you guys an idea, it eventually ended 10-0.

badscore.jpg

As you can see - this was on Server 1, not 2, and the T's had not only consistantly more players then the CT's, but the skill level was also up on us the whole match. While this isn't directly related to Scopeless (I <3 you) .. the idea still fits in theme with the discussion perfectly.

I can see both sides, i mean.. stacked teams will happen, and you should deal with it - yes its not fair but life isn't either, you really should just put up with it and try - maybe you'll become a better player or get lucky and lead your team to victory. maybe you can pull your squad together and defeat the opponent through plain ol' tactics.

On the other hand though, its no fun to constantly get owned without even being able to fire a shot - to be put down before you have a chance to fight back and to know that its going to happen for the rest of the rounds. Who wants to put up with that? its stressful and tiresome, why not just advance the map?

I've been meaning to add my 2 cents here, and this seems a good time; the state of teams will never be perfect - don't Ever expect it to be, but i would ask everyone to use their judgement and to take a time out and examine the score every once in awhile, and if one team is leading by 6 Rounds or more, that you atleast consider asking one or two to go over. I think thats all anyone can really ask for. When im on i *strive* to keep the teams as balanced as possible, I bring some skill to the table, sometimes. hm.. yea.. i dont know where im going with this..

Look, Im done talking, just think spiderman, okay? "With great power, comes great responsibility"