I was just on dust with teams horribly stacked. My team went the first three rounds without a single kill. At one point it was 5 on 3, and I had 2 kills while the worst on their team had the same and no one else on my team had a kill. I got kind of angry and started scoring decently, but the rest of my team was just getting mowed over. It took another three rounds of comments b4 I was able to shame a few people into switching. The worst part about this was there were only 8 people on the server and 4 of them were wearing the GC tag. This is just getting ridiculous.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the flip side is when people switch, then all of sudden your team is the stacked team and winning every round. I by no means consider myself one of the top players on this server, but on certain maps I know that I can have that effect.

All to often to end the destruction of your team you have to take control of the run. Start the lovely game of paper rock sicssors with the CTs, and you will find you will win a whole bunch provided your team listens.

I am sorry that you feel this way.... You got to accept that sometimes you won't have an amazing team specially if there is only 8 people on the server Lately i haven't seen much stacking and if there is its usualy fixed after a couple of rounds and maps are usually running 7-10 8-10 6-10 and etc i love that!

provided your team listens.

as many great players as their are on this server... this is the most difficult part.

i know it's not a scrim or a match, and people are trying to have fun... but COME ON!!!

TBH, the Ts would NEVER lose a de_map if they always went the same way... ALL OF THEM. But there's always someone with their own agenda.

As for switching... I look at the names of the players playing. I've been around long enough to know who the top players are, who are average, and who could use a bit of help. I size up the situation and act accordingly. Most of the time, I DONT switch because I'm opposite Brillow, Brew_Meister, VooDoo among others... Cuz like you say, if you switch, it becomes counter-productive.

I love dust at times, btw...

Stop whining...(I think it's one of the gc rules)

Also, cause of these posts I play only 1 out of 10 times on CT on aztec, cause I know it's always a massacre for Ts. I don't know, I don't want to listen to this though. I wanna play on the side I wanna play but I know you all gotta look up to someone so I gotta be better than that... :halo:

Have you ever played with Fatty? It seems that guy always talks on the mic and if you check his numbers they're not that impressive (usually close to .500 or sometimes less), but it seems that his teams almost always win....wonder why? :huh:

Too true.

If Fatty's playing - even if you have the skilled gunmen on your team, you are in for a battle.

Fatty can lead a team like few others, when in a pub. He's also not afraid to smack around the teammates who refuse to help get the job done.

People will look to me to call those plays every once in a while, and it kinda freaks me out. My brain is thinking about plays for 4 people or 5 people, on both sides, but thinking about 24 makes my head spin on more intricate maps. ...more intricate than Aztec or Dust, that is.

Fatty's the man with the master plan. And I think we need more leaders - more people who are willing to sacrifice a little of their own fragging mindset to organize the fragging of others.

I also think that the lone-gunmen need to work under direction. There's a time to flank, a time to rush, and a time to hold to directives. If there are 4 Ts living, and one CT in a CS map, that's a good time for Ts to weed him out, instead of all four of them camping obscure corners. ...if CTs are being rushed long A in Dust 2, and flanked short A, it's not the time for the B team to run through T spawn and try flanking long A. The numbers don't work. There's more success at short A, as a team.

...of course, that means we have to start acting as teammates, and not competing - "OhMyFruityPebbles! You stole my kill! Stealer!"... ...of course I'll hear it coming from somebody who only had 8hp left, and they're yelling at the teammate who saved them... ...le sigh.

Stop whining...(I think it's one of the gc rules)

Actually, the server states that you should, "compliment more than you whine." This means that the ratio could be 2:1. So, you can whine, but for every whine, you must drop two compliments. Which is why when I play on Aztec, I say this:

"I hate this map"

"Hey vovik, you have a nice tie on."

"Whitney, nice dress."

It's tough to get a group of players that is getting slaughtered to work together as a team sometimes. HOWEVER, it can be a blast when they work together because you can turn the table on the other team.

It usually just takes someone stepping up to lead the team. I do this when no one else does and I've seen Fatty do it more times than anyone else!

One thing I've done in the past is to ask specific players to switch to try and even things up. But don't get too carried away with this, or else you'll end up sounding like a complainer. Also try to get your team organized.

.500 ??!?!!??!?!?!??!?!?!  Rarely will you see me at 1:2.

What the?

I'm a 1.8 guy if I'm playing regularly.

PS. Thanks for the props!  Organizing a team is where the juice is at, for me at least.

Bah, I was thinking in team sports terms, .500 is when they're even in wins and losses. I meant 1:1 kd. hehe I wasn't too far off as it turns out...

on west i always try to lead the team. organization is the key to winning, but it also depends if your teammates listen and want to work with you. most of the team the regs on west do and the noobs to the server see the respect and follow suit. so we win

when it comes to team stacking i just try to play at my best ask some of the people to even it up or i switch them myself. but i just deal with it regardless.

my first post!! :luxhello:

if its 9-4 and I switch sides...is that bad to the 4 team?...I was on the winning 9 side?

someone said that teams were stacked now in favor for the team losing (4's side) maybe someone else went 4 also..... but ? if there is only one win left for other side? is it wrong to change sides? stretch the map out a little?

hummmm

in this instance is it wrong to switch thats all I want to know?

What I don't like is when a team is losing but they have players that are still doing pretty good, 2:1, maybe even 3:1, and then the top player from the stacked team goes to the other team. Instead of balancing the teams the have now just stacked the other team.

Only when the non-stacked team is doing really bad, like their top player is 1:2 or 1:1, should the top player from the stacked team switch over. Or maybe the top two players.

Edited by VooDooPC