Help please

well i got this new computer and it worked fine for a day or two but now anytime i get on steam, the computer either locks up or auto reboots. any ideas what it could be. it has done it just when i open programs sometimes.

please any ideas no matter how dumb or off the wall. please help. i guess i am gonna take the comp back on sunday since i work tommorow.

thanks

Thomas

It would seem that since you are having a number of problems with it then ya, I think the best thing to do is take it back. Its still just out of the box for the most part so there shouldn't be a problem exchanging it. Things happen sometimes I've learned nothing is perfect, even from an essembly line. :D

Good luck with it and hope everything comes out ok.

if the computer auto-reboots, then it might be a sign of overheating. I had an AMD 2100+ that was dammaged somehow and would run fine untill you upped the CPU demand and it would overheat and either crash to the desktop to restart. Check your temp settings in the bio's while at idle and see if it isnt' higher than it should be according to your manuals.

:halo::halo:

well i figure it is probably the new comp itself cause it crashed just trying to open teamspeak last night. i am gonna just take it back to fry's tommorow and demand a whole new comp since i have only had the thing for 5 days.

please next time buy (computer parts not a generic "frys" computer you will save your self some money and get better parts

but... i had a problem like that not to long ago it would pop a blue screen for a split second then reboot... i think its my ram?

so it might be your ram?!?!? <===========off the wall anwser to your problem

NuT- :hug::hug:

(edited)

could also be power supply. best way to test ram is memtest.

slight aside, my buddy bought a custom built laptop (idiot) the other day and he ended up having to take it apart cause it was crashing. turns out they didn't take the plastic protective piece off the cpu heatsink before installing it on the cpu. so really, it could be anything.

Edited by Cujo