Map Rotation

Funny, after all this Italy bashing I just got off the server from

a fantastic match on this map. T's were all over us up 4-0

some complaints were tossed around. Then we started winning.

The game started to go back & forth during which there were

several titanic clashes for control of apts. Turns out to be one

of the best matches I've had in awhile. CT's won 9-7 Just goes

to show you how strong teamwork can turn around almost any

situation, no matter how onesided. (except against XT) :biglaugha:

Italy is one of my favorites :erm:

I enjoyed playing compound, it just got 1 sided and whining followed shortly after. I am not against bringing it back, we'll see what the other Lead Admins say.

Port is very 1 sided, it's way too easy for the T's to take the boat, that map may be more even with scopes, because you can control it from a long range, and the sniping is pretty even, you can be sniped as easily as you can snipe someone else from just about anywhere.

Dust is just too 1 sided, and as far as whooping people as T's because its fun? thats part of the problem, no one wants to play the hard side and get slaughtered, so it gets stacked on an already unlevel field, and everyone in the server just happened to "auto in" heh, i was born at night, but it wasnt last night. If more good players wanted the challenge, it could work, but in reality, it doesnt.

I agree with Vovik, the customs are part of our gig, so we should keep them in, but we do have quite a collection now, so rotating the stock a bit to keep it fresh wouldnt be a bad thing.

Good discussions, we have 5 rotations, im sure these ideas will work in there somewhere.

I like the idea of mixing up the afternoon, evening and latenight rotations a little so that some maps aren't in all 3 (exa, someone mentioned take italy out of evening).

Are there any other customs you guys would like to try? I'm working on the final version of my map so we'll have to see how it plays in an upcoming map night (no not this week's).

Obviously not all the maps mentioned will be added, but I think we could get 3 or 4 out of the list so far that should be good for the server.

de_eminence

de_newport_beach

de_chateau

de_prodigy

de_dust

de/cs_kismayo

cs_havana

de_port

cs_compound

de_miningassault

cs_logistic_assault <-- added to potentials

I like this version of assault out of all the ones we've played. The CT's can enter through the hostage room and then have to try and escape with the hostages. Tends to have fairly good matches on it

Italy is one of my favorites  :erm:

I enjoyed playing compound, it just got 1 sided and whining followed shortly after. I am not against bringing it back, we'll see what the other Lead Admins say.

Port is very 1 sided, it's way too easy for the T's to take the boat, that map may be more even with scopes, because you can control it from a long range, and the sniping is pretty even, you can be sniped as easily as you can snipe someone else from just about anywhere.

Dust is just too 1 sided, and as far as whooping people as T's because its fun? thats part of the problem, no one wants to play the hard side and get slaughtered, so it gets stacked on an already unlevel field, and everyone in the server just happened to "auto in" heh, i was born at night, but it wasnt last night. If more good players wanted the challenge, it could work, but in reality, it doesnt.

I agree with Vovik, the customs are part of our gig, so we should keep them in, but we do have quite a collection now, so rotating the stock a bit to keep it fresh wouldnt be a bad thing.

Good discussions, we have 5 rotations, im sure these ideas will work in there somewhere.

i agree 100% with you clueless.

3rd street is a great map wayfarer! as is haste and eminence.

I think we should trade aztec for another map, it is getting real old.

italy i dont think is too 1 sided, it can be if the teams are stacked but that can be true with any map.

Part of why italy seems overplayed is probably just its position in the rotation. It'd be nice to see it get pushed back a bit and make something more interesting like piranesi the first map. That way when an admin sets up a custom it doesn't go right back to italy again after that.

My own opinion is that I'd love to see lots more maps added to the rotation, especially for this upcoming Christmas season. I'm not a big fan of dust, aztec or Italy but I don't mind playing maps I don't like if they don't pop up once every five maps.

Just curious if and when a new map rotation would be implemented?

Cheers,

Klink