Map Rotation

Eminence seems like a good addition for sure. Solid, interesting map, not too flashy, and no bugs that I've seen. Newport Beach might be OK too but it seems a bit dark in places. Fine for map night where nearly all players are regs or members, but I'd imagine it'd bring some FF problems to the regular rotation. I think Kismayo (either CS or DE, I like DE better myself) was an interesting map and worth trying out in the rotation. Doesn't seem to favor one side too much, and is a lot more fun with scopes off than scopes on. Once cool map that might be worth checking out is de_cliffcabin_s, it was played on map night on #3 and seemed reasonably balanced and interesting, a lot of up and down on one side.

Also, it'd be nice to see a version of Milita get some play for a while, especially since it's supposedly going to be released soon. I've now seen 3 different versions that all look good (cs_milita_bymicosv2, cs_militia_pure_b1, and cs_militia_v2). Letting the players get used to the layout a bit would hopefully give everyone a good basis for judging the official version.

I'd like to see some of the other standard maps back in, like:

de_chateau

cs_havana

de_prodigy

or even

cs_compound

de_port

i know you all say these clear the server, but playing the same 5-6 maps all night is kinda of redundant. There seem to be too many good custom maps out, at least, to not have a bit more variety.

de_eminence is a great map... so is that HUGE de_dust type map that we played the other night... that map rocked!

good discussion, heres where we are at now..

Current Map Cycles:

Morning

de_dust2, de_aztec, cs_italy, de_dust, cs_office, de_cbble, de_nuke

Afternoon

cs_italy, de_aztec, de_piranesi, de_dust2, de_cbble, cs_office, de_nuke

PrimeTime

de_losttemple, cs_italy, de_aztec, de_clan_mill_beta, de_cbble, cs_office, de_piranesi, de_cpl_fire_b2, de_dust2, de_inferno, de_nuke

Late Night

de_dust2, cs_italy, de_inferno, de_aztec, cs_office, de_nuke

After Hours

cs_italy, de_aztec, de_dust2, de_cbble, cs_office, de_nuke

I'm more in favor of adding maps to the rotation. We could ditch de_aztec though.

With a steady game #2 runs through the map cycle pretty quickly. The primetime map list is the best, but I wouldn't mind seeing:

de_kismayo

de_port

de_chateau

cs_havana

Maybe even putting de_dust in there somewhere.

:wavey:

well, we always love to hear input from you guys, so tell us what you like and dislike, and we will certainly consider it.

*Tides* :biglaugha:

de_chateau

cs_havana

de_prodigy

cs_compound

de_port

I could'nt agree more!

Perhaps also de_newport_beach

AWSOME MAP!

de_kismayo

Another awsome map!

And most of all.......PRODIGY!!! I know this map is a little one sided

but when T's really work together this map makes for a great game!

I play on #1 much more now, one reason is AWP

vovik, thats the path that leads to the dark side.. where stat whores and CAL players linger ;)

dust could be thrown back in. otherwise its good

Yeah I think he got a taste of the AWP when Mani was broken. I saw him putting up some ludicrous numbers and keeping the games even himself by just switching sides every few rounds.

im wit vovik....started to play on #1 a lot more....the awp is too tempting....i guess i am going to the dark side..

eh..

i still play on scopeless more!

as for rotation, i'd like to see chateau, dust, the militia map we played on the last map night, and ice berge's map..it rox!

So just to summerize what we've talked about here, here's what we have for possible maps:

de_eminence

de_newport_beach

de_chateau

de_prodigy

de_dust

de/cs_kismayo

cs_havana

de_port

cs_compound

de_miningassault

I definately think theres a few maps in that bunch that could be put into the rotation.

So just to summerize what we've talked about here, here's what we have for possible maps:

de_eminence

de_newport_beach

de_chateau

de_prodigy

de_dust

de/cs_kismayo

cs_havana

de_port

cs_compound

de_miningassault

I definately think theres a few maps in that bunch that could be put into the rotation.

Yes, I think that about sums it up!

We ran Newport Beach before and it didnt go well, the novelty wore off quickly

Dust, well, as a T its so horrible to play, and as a CT, its not even a challenge, and I dont miss all the whining that it caused.

Prodigy kinda blows, nothing but complaints there too.

Compound and Port also sparked alot of whining, too 1 sided.

Tides, NEVER on my watch,quite possibly the worst official map ever.

As far as some of the customs, i'm not familiar with most of them, so i'm up for trying some out, i wouldnt mind seeing Aztec replaced.

I dont care for Clan Mill or Lost Temple, so it wouldnt break my heart to lose those, but they arent horrible enough to deter me from playing(most of the time, lol)

I don't think I've played in a couple of weeks, but just to add my thoughts. Compound was on one night when I joined and I think it finished up 10-7 or something which wasn't too one sided.

It was the first time I'd actually played it without scopes and in all honesty I really liked the map, there was a reasonable turnover of non-regular players, but the server stayed pretty full.

Just my thoughts, I wouldn't even mind if it was just on during the week and not weekends or something, but it did make a nice change and taking out scopes made it a much more even map.

Havana is a nice even map thought, but from my experience in the past it's killed the server, none the less, I'm certainly up for mixing it up a bit and getting some different maps on there (I think Italy's been played to death, it feels like it comes on as every 2nd map at times).

Compound was on one night when I joined and I think it finished up 10-7 or something which wasn't too one sided.

Just for the record....10-7 is not one sided at all! In my

opinion thats a good game.

On another note, from what I can see in this thread everyone seems

to have a general desire for some change in the rotation. Calls are

going out for standard CSS maps, Chateau, Port, Compound, Train.

I really don't know why these are not in there, but you seem to

be shooting these down Clue. I love Prodigy, but I won't lose any

sleep over it if it does not get on. I was j/k about tides. (I am fully

aware of how you feel about that!) After the last steam update when

everything went haywire, the custom maps that were in the maplist

had to be taken out. (I'm guessing) So when everyone on the server

started asking for something different, I put some of these maps on.

Everyone on loved them. I did'nt get any complaints.

Edited by wayfarer

We ran Newport Beach before and it didnt go well, the novelty wore off quickly

Dust, well, as a T its so horrible to play, and as a CT, its not even a challenge, and I dont miss all the whining that it caused.

Prodigy kinda blows, nothing but complaints there too.

Compound and Port also sparked alot of whining, too 1 sided.

Tides, NEVER on my watch,quite possibly the worst official map ever.

As far as some of the customs, i'm not familiar with most of them, so i'm up for trying some out, i wouldnt mind seeing Aztec replaced.

I dont care for Clan Mill or Lost Temple, so it wouldnt break my heart to lose those, but they arent horrible enough to deter me from playing(most of the time, lol)

Clue, I love you man, but I gotta disagree with you on almost all your points here.

I think I played enough of this game to say that what you consider 'one-sided maps' are the MOST fun. Ok, ok, they might not be fun if everyone doesn't cooperate and etc. that's why we have that 7-0 'skunk' policy (if admin is on), but if people cooperate there's nothing more fun than kicking butt of a an easier side....therefore, i'd love for de_dust to be back and de_aztec to stay. Same goes for cs_compound and de_port. de_tides....meh, it's a very small map and I wouldn't mind it to be on once inawhile but maybe it's not that horrible after all, it cannot be on rotation though I agree.

de_prodigy requires VERY good cooperation for Ts with no scopes, so I won't beg for it on scopeless rotation. de_clan_mill_beta and de_losttemple, I think, is what separates our server from the most so I can't see them go.

To sum it up, I know we can't put ALL the maps on rotation. So here's what I'd do with it (for primitime only, for now):

get rid of de_inferno (most beautiful map but stability issues) and get rid of cs_italy (maybe temporarily for a month or so, or just in primetime rotation). Add de_dust and cs_compound (again, maybe for a month or so and switch it up with de_port then)

PrimeTime

de_losttemple, cs_compound, de_aztec, de_clan_mill_beta, de_cbble, cs_office, de_piranesi, de_dust, de_cpl_fire_b2, de_nuke, de_dust2

I spaced out dusts a little and made sure no two easy maps for Ts (ex. port) and CTs (ex. aztec) are together.

Edited by Vovik

in all honesty... as much as i HATE de_dust... I'd rather play that than cs_italy any day.

I'm looking forward to the new changes.  GC is such a good server... good people... good admins... and I pwn everyone! (j/k)

yea italy is getting old and dust is not to bad if ppl cooperate with no scopes. Only map i cant stand to play is aztez, being ct is not fun and being T just plain sucks. I would not miss that map one bit.

Compound is not one sided, unless the scopes are on.