Server is stuck

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

The evil red Darwinians must have taken the rocket to GC country and are now messing things up.

server stuck again...

one more note: I'm new. the join page says that currently there is no need for more admin... from my point of view this is the 3rd time when this happens with the server in the past few days and there was no admin at all present at either case.

If you have so many admins, why is this an issue????

As much as we would like to have admins playing 24 hours a day, it is not really possible... but if you post anywhere on the forums you can get one on at about any time.

well yes. Same as above.

I think if the admin is a "privilege" and it only comes with rights and not responsibilites this is what happens :D

I think the point is to organize the admins in a way that at least the peak playing times are 99% covered. So pick admins based on their promise and potential availability schedule :D

And to help out with this server stuck situation here is an "antidote". It's not my idea, I experienced it yesterday on the server, where there was no admin around to take the server out of the "hang".

The hang goes away if we can force the server to change map. Voting is difficult (and not even allowed at the beginning of the map if ever...), so here is how to do it quickly b4 loosing the players on the server.

1. Ask everybody to go to Spectator, except one T and one CT

2. either the T or CT should suicide (console KILL) 10 times

as the server is configured to change map after one team reaches the score 10 it will trigger the change map and the server will be OK again...

happy fragging :D

as the server is configured to change map after one team reaches the score 10 it will trigger the change map and the server will be OK again...

Yeah Yeah ... Already being used... but ill tell you this....

check the other GC servers... Maybe there is no admin on this one curently...

but there must be on one of the others... :luxhello:

1. I decided to put up the "get rid of the hang idea" as many others (==> other than you) did not seem to be aware of it and I hoped it helps. You are clever, yes. great. Unfortunately nobody else than me tried to help in this thread with a solution for guys who DOES not know... Don't be selfish, please!

2. Yes I can check if there is an admin somewhere else... just like many other things I can do. Unfortunately the point is not that. The point is if you really listen to what I was saying is that I saw a contradiction between the statement from "Gamerscoalition" (see applying for admin section) saying they "have enough admins" and the fact that only a few times I play on the server I really see admins.

1. I decided to put up the "get rid of the hang idea" as many others (==> other than you) did not seem to be aware of it and I hoped it helps. You are clever, yes. great. Unfortunately nobody else than me tried to help in this thread with a solution for guys who DOES not know... Don't be selfish, please!

2. Yes I can check if there is an admin somewhere else... just like many other things I can do. Unfortunately the point is not that. The point is if you really listen to what I was saying is that I saw a contradiction between the statement from "Gamerscoalition" (see applying for admin section) saying they "have enough admins" and the fact that only a few times I play on the server I really see admins.

Another thing about not having an admin on, we just opened a server down south that dragged a few of the normal MW folks out... dunno if anyone mentioned that.