HP IPAQ or Dell Axim

Lunk

I looked at both and decided against them. I too wanted Bluetooth and 802.11 wireless ability. I also like the video playback and storage capacity of the one I bought which is the Palm Lifedrive http://cgi.ebay.com/Palm-LifeDrive-Mobile-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Got mine for $324 and it is awesome. Will not playback xvid (inverts it) but no problem with mpeg and all apple formats (quicktime). Also with the SD slot you can look at your digital pictures (or transfer them off the card). I like it a lot. I've had it about a month now and I love it. It does everything I need it to plus has tons of free stuff for it online like Bibles snd games. I also use a program called Avantgo which is a free program allowing you to DL the daily newspaper, 5 day weather forcast ect.

five stars

Edit: Forgot to mention that it has a built in 4GB hard drive so you can store like 6 movies on it plus other stuffs.

Edited by Preacher

My wifes seems better than all those guys.. She uses her bluetooth headset to talk on the phone, listen to the radio (through the internet) and uses the headset to listen to mp3's.. She surfs the internet as we drive places, she's always on the internet.. And she can use her phone as a modem for any pc or laptop.. She's got a 1gig SD flash card in it to hold her songs and games that she plays on it..

And I only paid $199 for her pocket pc.. XV6600

The keyboard slides out of the back of the pc, she never uses it. She just uses the vertual keyboard on the screeen..

I don't know much about it, but I know on Cingular if you have a Bluetooth-capable phone which can act as an EDGE-network modem, you can sync it up to a Bluetooth-enabled device (pocket PC, laptop, etc.) and surf the web with it at internet over cellular phone speeds (I believe 300kbps on Cingular, but that's 95% speculation and 5% something I think I can recall). You'll obviously need a data plan with that, though I read on a PDA forum that people were signing up for the unlimited MEdia Net plan and were able to use that instead of the data plan. YMMV, just thought it was interesting and relevant.

Actually, I ended up buying this. And I'm quite happy with it so far. I can find a wireless network and logon and get email, browse the gc forums and so on. Works well. I'm not a big fan of ordering something online when I can't put my hands on it first with some items. The Dell looked nice but I didn't know anyone who had one that I could play with. May get it nexttime.