power supply

Z3RO

(edited)

so ya my power supply fried today :bang: and im using a simalar one from another computer in the house i may or may not have hi jacked it and was wondering if u had a suggestons on a new one

errr parts its supporting ewrm um:

geforce 6200

mother board outa emachines(my pc is getto)

2 cd drives

3 fans

hd

and i thinks thts it

price range free to lets say 75

the old power sorce is a betec outa a the same emachines as the mother board

Edited by Z3RO

enermax liberty 500w.

I have like a 400w and i run a raptor drive, 7800gt and blah blah blah you really think he need a 500w?

Doesn't hurt to have some extra power for later upgrades, does it? Start pushing too low and parts can be limited. Dunno if you saw his edit Cujo but he's looking for one >$75, so how about the Enermax Whisper 460W?

thnx for the hlp i orderd one of new egg today considering every time i boot up css my computer restarts

thnx for the hlp

lol i think im gonna run 2 power supplys till it gets hear does this work?

(edited)

zero, what did you order?

metallurgic, i would never trust my pc to aspire. they are not quality psus.

jackie, 500w+ is not necessary if it's a good quality psu. at least not for most people. the 400w liberty would power 99% of the computers owned by people here without issues.

edit - errr i meant without...

Edited by Cujo

i aways seem to oder stuff b4 peeps tell me wuts good got impatiant becuase i can only ply css for like 10-15 mins b4 it restarts my comp and being a css junkie like me er need my daily dosage as far as wut i got

PSU ASPIRE|ATX-CW500WP4 500W RT

had fiv3 star rating got good reviews and fit my buget pretty well plus it has a 10 dollar mail in rebate

(edited)

zero, i've had three and two of them broke caues the components fell off the top. the third is still running but 12v rail is at 11.4 on an old thunderbird system. maybe the new ones are better. hopefully for you.

ultra x-connect suck as well. antec, enermax, and ocz are the 3 most common good. pcpower&cooling are the best (what i have).

edit- oh ya. the working one the components fell off the top as well.

Edited by Cujo