Scout: Better than AWP?

ephemeral

So obviously the scout is the weapon of the pro's, and takes much skill to get killz with, 'cause you basically need a headshot. so here is my question: you run faster, shoot faster, and are basically alot more agile, but is all this really worth the power loss? again, i love the scout, and, in case you wanted to know...the scout is the weapon of honor in Grapple, but i just like discussing things... its more fun.

its a toss up.scout=less power-but more skill/awp=power-but little skill.you can hit a guy in the foot with an awp and still kill him.try that with a scout and you're going to have to hit him more than once.personally,i like the p90.it gives me more control,less spray,and more percentage of headshots.

its a toss up.scout=less power-but more skill/awp=power-but little skill.you can hit a guy in the foot with an awp and still kill him.try that with a scout and you're going to have to hit him more than once.personally,i like the p90.it gives me more control,less spray,and more percentage of headshots.

awp = more skill.

With a scout you can jump about, strafe around and still get accurate shots. With an awp, you have to be dead still to be accurate, which means you need the skill to enable you to strafe/jump round a corner, remain dead still and then get your shot in.

unless you get a headshot with the scout, the awp is faster because it will take you 2 shots with the scout to kill rather than one with the awp.

I'm an awp fanboy, but I can see where your coming from. It takes more skill to camp with a scout because you need the headshots. But anyone can camp with any gun. If you want to find out about how hard it is to use the awp, try using the awp in a rush

(edited)

i agree with you when you say that it does take more skill to camp with a scout, and it is hard to use an awp in a rush, but a scout isn't meant to be camped with, and, in my opinion, is actually better suited for rushing. even if you hit them once, they're not going to just sit there and let them shoot you again. also, scout isn't meant to be used alone. i have found that a scout is best used with a deagle, and grenades. for medium to long range killz, or killz that haven't seen you yet, use the scout. for hallways, flash it first, nade it, then go in with a deagle and finish off the blinded, wounded victoms. use smokes to cover you from AWP whores... i am gonna have to say that the scout takes more skill, and it is alot more fun to use. you run just as fast with a scout as you do with a knife...try it sometime.

Also, i say that scout is better than AWP because AWP takes one hit kill, and all you have to do is master how long you have to be holding still to be accurate...which is not nearly as skillful as aiming for a moving target's head.

Edited by ephemeral

Scout obviously needs more skill. Since you HAVE to hit the head to kill them in one shot. You can strafe all you want but if you dont hit that AWP'er the first shot he will get you, if you're strafing, dodging, or jumping.

With a scout you can jump about, strafe around and still get accurate shots. With an awp, you have to be dead still to be accurate, which means you need the skill to enable you to strafe/jump round a corner, remain dead still and then get your shot in.

This is complete bull.

Complete bull.

Complete bull.

The scout is less accurate than the AWP. I can't hit anything with a scout unless I'm standing still, but I have no problem hitting things with the AWP.

This is complete bull.

Complete bull.

Complete bull.

The scout is less accurate than the AWP. I can't hit anything with a scout unless I'm standing still, but I have no problem hitting things with the AWP.

I think the Scout is more accurate than the AWP while moving (still not easy to hit something) but standing still the only way the Scout is as accurate as the AWP is if you're crouching.

Atleast that's what the internet tells me.

The only way I'd even consider using either while running around is open-scoped, and the scout seems much better for this. That means nothing of course, because a decent pistol is much better than an open-scope scout.

This is complete bull.

Complete bull.

Complete bull.

This is complete bull.

Complete bull.

Complete bull.

I can run with it and shoot and still hit them where I'm aiming. You just have to basically estimate where the middle of the screen is (or where the crosshair normally would be... unless you have your cl_crosshairscale at like 10 or something). I usually get kilz whenever I jump in the air and shoot them... usually gets dead on them. I personally like using the scout once in a while to get my aiming up to par with it. I kind of like to be balanced with all weapons.

This is complete bull.

Complete bull.

Complete bull.

This is complete bull.

Complete bull.

Complete bull.

I can run with it and shoot and still hit them where I'm aiming. You just have to basically estimate where the middle of the screen is (or where the crosshair normally would be... unless you have your cl_crosshairscale at like 10 or something). I usually get kilz whenever I jump in the air and shoot them... usually gets dead on them. I personally like using the scout once in a while to get my aiming up to par with it. I kind of like to be balanced with all weapons.

You may or may not have noticed that weapons change their accuracy once you zoom in with the scope. True, the scout is far more accurate than the AWP while not using the scope, but it's noticeable less accurate when using the scope. If you don't believe the accuracy changes simply by using the scope, buy an autosniper and a spare magazine, face a wall, and empty it on one spot without the scope, and on another with the scope, and you'll notice that even if you aren't moving either time it's a lot more accurate with the scope. The AWP is wildly inaccurate without using the scope, but the scout with the scope on is not always even on target if you're standing still.

If you're standing still w/ an awp and fire w/ out scope, it fires pretty much straight ahead. Works well for no-scope kills b/c you can just wait for the target to run past the barrel and let it rip, long as you're not moving.

As far as the question of skill, it's really a moot point. If you're REALLY skilled, you'll be effective w/ either gun. People who argue for the scout say it takes more skill b/c you have to hit the head. If you know your first shot will be on target, you're better off w/ an awp b/c you'll land a killshot most of the time. If you usually need more than one shot, or don't have patience to stand your ground w/ the awp, then the scout is obviously the better choice.

The problem many seem to have w/ awp is they can't just stand their ground, they feel the need to move behind a wall then peek back out. You're better off making them move into your scope, b/c you will be moving slowly and they'll see your leg or shoulder before you see them.

Anyway, like I said earlier, a skilled player will be deadly with either. I prefer the awp, b/c I like people to stay down when I shoot them, and I'm fairly proficient at taking on rushers and firing w/ out scope (wish stats had a category for those).

I used to prefer a scout before I learned how to use an awp well, for the same reasons many people have stated here. But it's all personal preference, neither is a weapon for "more-skilled" players.

ps- whoever said that you don't see many scouts in competition, true that. Anyone who thinks they are more skilled b/c they use a scout, take it up with most of the higher level players and their Automatic Wuss Pistols. Better yet go to the xT pub and take on Pagan, your scout vs. his awp :)

whoever said that you don't see many scouts in competition, true that. Anyone who thinks they are more skilled b/c they use a scout, take it up with most of the higher level players and their Automatic Wuss Pistols. Better yet go to the xT pub and take on Pagan, your scout vs. his awp

Why would someone in a competition waste their time and money with a Scout when they could get an M4 or an AK instead?

People in competitions don't care how much "skill" is required to use a weapon, they use whatever will kill someone the fastest and easiest.

(edited)

Whoa, Mr. Argue-Pants, I was quoting someone up above, don't unleash that voodoo that you do on me....

VooDoo likes to argue

SIG NAZI!

Edited by witt

(edited)

This is complete bull.

Complete bull.

Complete bull.

HAHAHA scout is WAY more accurate than awp. you can totally be jumping and running and still hit the person. obviously not right where you are aiming, but you will still hit him. NO WAY can you do this with AWP.

EDIT: i will admint that AWP is more accurate standing still, but overall accuracy, scout wins.

Edited by ephemeral

(edited)
Why would someone in a competition waste their time and money with a Scout when they could get an M4 or an AK instead?

People in competitions don't care how much "skill" is required to use a weapon, they use whatever will kill someone the fastest and easiest.

very true voodoo. discombobulated is just silly. slapa slap jason!

Edited by ephemeral

(edited)
The only way I'd even consider using either while running around is open-scoped, and the scout seems much better for this. That means nothing of course, because a decent pistol is much better than an open-scope scout.

this is not so true, as a good scouter always aims for the head, and a 'decent pistol' only does 20 or so damage, except for deagle. pistols take several hits, scout only takes 2, or one to head. every pistol except for deagle takes at least 2 to the head.

edit: unless it's the pistol round and there are no helmets yet.

Edited by ephemeral

i use the scout on cbble alot until i die then i will buy awp. if i bought a scout i dont switch till i die. then i post in admin type. something to the effect. " well now i have to awp, to bad for you guys"

everyone seems to find that worth a good lol.

i like the scout sometimes but usually i am a awp man. it is fun to rush with awp because that noise will make some players mess up and it gives you that extra time you need to kill the opposition.

Thomas

Hmmmm... I Used to :hug: Love :hug: the scout and h8 the awp... But now i like awp....scout is just.... well for fun :Dy a at fgirst when i started with awp i was like LOL... cause i was slightly moving and shot....and i see the bullet hit a wall like so far away.. i was like wth :shrug03:

bah well yeah <_<

• 4 weeks later...