classical music....

TheGeek

So i like some classical music. Not that betoven or bach crap but some really good stuff.

Like the shinders list soundtrack and yanni live at the necropolis.

So does anybody else listen to classical music? if so give me some suggestions. and share your thoughts

you got it backwards. the john williams and hans zimmers of the world should be pulled into the street and beat over the head with sheet music.

/me pets his 35 gb mozart collection.

ps - i moved this to the studio54/music forum.

sweet i didnt know that this forum was here, thanks.

i just dont like bach and betoven because i like climaxes in songs, not where it builds up then lets you down HARD. So i like that you can get hanz zimmer to do black hawk down and not bach.

QUESTION: on one of the movies in the series "band of brothers" some people played some classical music in the street after bastalone? what was that song and who was it by?

• 3 weeks later...

I listen to some, though I haven't explored it much. I like Vivaldi a lot, though I haven't entirely outgrown the juvenile thought of 'anything my parents like is BAD!'

I mean, it's not my PREFERRED genre of music, but I can certainly appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

so do you guys know any string quartets i can check into? i ALWAYS love the string quartet version of rock songs.

that and an orchestra mixed in with some strings

like the theme song of "hunt for red october"

• 4 weeks later...

My favorites:

Rossini

Vivaldi (although the seasons get a little boring, I hate what he wrote for winter)

Gaubert

Schubert

Strauss

Berlioz

Tchaik

Mozart

Pergolesi

Hindemith

The list goes on and on. That being said, I've played pieces by all those people.