ShadowBud Temp Banned

It has come to my attention that a close friend of mine ShadowBud was kicked and banned the other day

I am rather miffed about this, and he is unsure of what he did to merit the ban.

Now he does admit to using the word "Hell" in a conversation with another friend of our's Snipe

I have heard admins use that word in many cases, I mean come on even the hosties say it when being rescued.

Now i dont want anyone to be mad at me but, if using the word hell is considered cursing it should be made more clear. Hell is a place not a foul word. I understand any religious refrence is to disallowed so i shall start taking offense to refrences of heaven from now on as well. Pope your name must also be changed if that is the way the gc. community is to look at things

Well that is my rantings for now as i said dont get mad just consider those outlooks.

Edited by Baruch

I personally do not allow that word when I am on. Clean server. Period.

Technically every swear word has an original meaning. It's the context

the word is used under. I paticularily dispise the use of "WTH" You might as

well replace the H with an F as far as I'm concerned. Why does'nt your

buddy post up if he's so concerned? If you are unaware of why he was

banned, and he's not willing to come in here, I'd be a little more careful

of coming in here waving the "rightious flag" if I were you.

All im sayin is that the comment was directed at a personal friend of his. dont yell at me for "waving a 'righteous flag' " Ha! that is far from what im trying to do. I was just wondering the reason for it.which has now been made clear. Also as to why Shadowbud has not himself posted up on this. As i said he is rather angry and if he where to post in present condition it would only worsen his standing with you. Also where was the warning it was an immediate kick and ban.

Thank you for your understanding im now shutting up.

Edited by Baruch

Yeah you guys all know the rules...if shadowbud is so angry that he got banned for 3 measly hours for breaking the rules he's very well aware of, so be it...we just don't want people cussing in the servers, period...I don't see how it matters whether you guys are friends or not...if you're friends call eachother and cuss eachother out...you know we have a zero tolerance on the servers so why would you get miffed if you broke the rules and had to pay the price? thats the kind of attitude we are trying to keep out of the servers

Though the ban is mild, you guys are all being pretty mean considering that his post was made fairly. I made a post exactly identical to this about my brother when he played and got banned, which was taken care of in a much more pleasant manner. Both Shadow and Baruch are as much regs as am, and though it's Shadow's responsibility to do his own post to be unbanned, they should be treated the same as me.

Oh, and hell is considered a curse, religious usage or not - it is used as a foul expression for any kind of situation, so religious oriented or not, it is not an appropriate word.

Edited by Saris

on the topic of swearing.... is crap considered a bad word in the servers, some admins say its not and some say it is....just wondering. Am I going to get banned for using it in forums :(

on the topic of swearing.... is crap considered a bad word in the servers, some admins say its not and some say it is....just wondering. Am I going to get banned for using it in forums :(

I don't consider it one...then again I don't consider any words bad...my list is compiled from those that Fatty and others tell me are bad...so if someone up there (up where?) would like this word eliminated from the servers and elsewhere, just say the word (i'm not sure which but I'll know it when I hear it) and it will do thy bidding...err...master?

story time from wixy! (this really has no bearing on the issue at hand, only morals and stuff.. so.. )

The swear filter is interesting, the more i play on gc, the more i'd like other places to enforce the same policy.. this isn't really because of swearing at all, but rather.. the quality and skill and professionalism of the players just .. goes up a notch - things get slightly more serious and the game becomes more important but at the same time more fun.

Its really wierd how a simple filter can do all this, but it does it wonderfully. and everytime i see someone get banned for it im thankful because i'd rather be playing with someone else, someone who takes the game a bit more seriously.

That being said, i've no idea why shadowbud would say something like that - he's been very cool headed everytime i've played with him. My guess was he let it slip, a mistake that everyone makes once in awhile. I'm glad the ban was only mild.. he seemed like a good guy. I think the admins made a good decision. I think they are lax enough to know when someone is playing around (when i rename myself to an e-thug in training) .. and serious enough to keep things going very smoothly.

Its not an easy thing to be an admin and anger people by banning them even if they associated with the person before, i wonder how an admin would feel after banning me? i bet fatty would shed a tear and wouldnt sleep that night.. right?

Edited by k-wix

Crap is perfectly ok to say on the servers. You can quote me on that ;)

Some other words, such as hell, may get a warning from admins depend on the how they use/say it. When in doubt, err on the side of caution I'd suggest.

As KWix put it, the swear filter isn't so much for the swearing as the attitude that goes with it. With swearing you get flaming, with flaming you get tempers, with tempers you get whining and moaning, with that you get rants, with..

:11doh: This is turning into a rant. Anyways I think you get my point. It's the attitude that we all like on these servers.

However lets get back to the topic here on the post, does anyone remember what it was? Oh yeah. ShadowBud's ban. I believe Fatty/Shep have addressed this previously, however unban requests should be made in the "Got Banned" forums, that's what they're there for. Anyways, I would ask that unless you have something pertaining to THAT topic don't reply to this post.

<Mo avoiding a needless post: Yeah duke...jeez...>