Should I still come?

Allanon

Well I found out the details on my trip this summer before fragfest. I'm going on an emersion trip to live with a Spanish family, with another american and will be taking Spanish along with other activities for three and a half weeks. I get back from Spain on Thursday, and am just curious, is FF really busy, and will I be to full of jetlag to do anything. My parents are urging me to not go, but after what I've seen so far, I just really want to go to this, considering my LAN parties I go to consist of around 20 people.

Any feedback would be awsome

Skip it and you'll wish you went.

Attend and if you can tell me on Sunday you wished you didn't come I Lunk will give you your money back.

But seriously, we should hear from the people who drive for miles and miles to be here....some drive all day to arrive on Friday.....so I'll let them post as to why.

Wanted to give my 2cents worth. Last Year was my first FragFrest, and I too have only experienced lan parties with people up to 20.

My first Experience, I didn't know what to expect. Will people like me, fellow gamers, or would they just stick with people they know. I happen to meet a lot of great people and they made me feel welcomed. It's like a big family.

It was a lot of fun, people of all ages playing Counter Strick Source, Congradulating on a Nice Headshot from a AWP... or calling you a Hacker.. all in good fun.. Just amazing. ( even tho I am a local gamer )

I give a big salute to everyone that makes this happen, Fatty, Mini, Duke and the many others.

And I am very glad everything is working out great with escape. When Dorfman told me about the Lan center opening and things.... First thing I told him was about Frag Fest and how cool it would be to a Sponser... getting the local gaming community involved...

Allanon754=US= : It's up to you, It's very laid back. Great group of people. Just an awesome experience.

Edited by Rezurektion

My .1 FF was driving 2 hours each way to see some dudes for 30 minutes. Even that was worth it beyond getting to ride the motorcycle for 4 hours:)

Just take off your shoes and make fists out of your toes in the carpet.

I know that it will be a blast, and I'm probably going to sign up. It's just, I've only been gaming with you guys since summer, I really don't know anyone and I'll probably be the youngest one there. But the heck with it, I'll come anyways.

I know that it will be a blast, and I'm probably going to sign up. It's just, I've only been gaming with you guys since summer, I really don't know anyone and I'll probably be the youngest one there. But the heck with it, I'll come anyways.

Excellent. I too went through the same things as Rez last year. I only knew Fatty, and had only met him once. I wondered if anyone would talk to me. I didn't play a lot on the servers, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I had the privilage of sitting mext to BigShaw, and he really made me feel welcome.

Everyone I met was extremely friendly; Bear^, Zester, Acid-Flux, BlackIce, Bushmaster... THe list would go on and on. Besides, if I'm not mistaken, you're local to FragFest. If it gets to be too much exhaustion, you can either split, or chew more Jolt Gum. :lol2:

Plus you'll have the added benefit of meeting at least one, if not more of your GW Guildies. :peace:

Trust me, you'll have a great time at FF06.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I had planned on attending last year but family visit became a major priority and Bean had a change of plans as well. We had planned on car pooling up. Not sure if that is going to happen this year as I await word from the vegatable that is mad.

Well I'm coming, my mom is still weirded out so she made me make a bargain. She comes stays in her own room next to mine and just watches movies, possible come down ocassionaly. I shall equip my armor of -10 dignity and sign up for FF soon.

First fragfest trip:

Started from Tampa, FL. Uneventful trip to Atl, GA where I dropped off the wife and kids to spend the weekend there while I went to FF. First day on the road from Atl was probably the worst road trip of my life. I started out at 4am. The idea being I would get to FF around sunset. Somewhere around KY I have a blowout and discover that my spare has started to dry rot. Not too happy about that I start limping my way up the interstate stopping at every exit inquiring about a place to get my tires changed. I finally find someone who informs me of a sams club up the road a little ways. Well a little ways turned into about 1 hour. So I get to sams and they replace the tire, 1.5hrs later. Back on the road I'm a little frustrated, but very glad to have been able to get that taken care of and on my way again. I ended up getting lost for a little while trying to get back to the interstate, but other than that the trip went well. I was able to stop part way there where I was able to have dinner with greybeard and Apollo from DOH. (Thanks again to grey for picking up the tab.) I finally arive at FF nearer to 10pm. Needless to say if you do the math it was an 18 hour drive, but I had enough fun to make the trip again and even bring my wife.

The last fragfest was a pretty uneventful trip, but the drive up was incredible. I'm living in Atl now, so I didn't have an 8hr trip the day before, but I did end up working until 1am or later. I get home, we pack, do some other stuff and hit the road. Basically we are both so tired all we can muster is about 2hr shifts behind the wheel and then switching for the 14hr trip up. It was difficult, but we both had a blast and of course will be back again this year.

SO......I wouldn't be too concerned about jetlag.

Well you can always hang out with me when you get back. Since you will be used to siesta it will be just like my schedule. Wake up pass out for a little while in the middle of the day to wake up and start drinking again. Granted I doubt that you will be on siesta when you go. One other thing to remember is that riding a moped is considered cool so don’t make fun of people doing it like you would in the States. Also last time I was in Spain I saw Fatal1ty and Zen there so don’t call people carrying computers geeks like I did!

Well you can always hang out with me when you get back. Since you will be used to siesta it will be just like my schedule. Wake up pass out for a little while in the middle of the day to wake up and start drinking again. Granted I doubt that you will be on siesta when you go. One other thing to remember is that riding a moped is considered cool so don’t make fun of people doing it like you would in the States. Also last time I was in Spain I saw Fatal1ty and Zen there so don’t call people carrying computers geeks like I did!

Zen was my tennis coach :D

You're older than me by two months! Hurry up and sign-up, Im afraid to confront my mom bout it again, with out some positive reinforcement :huh:

You're older than me by two months! Hurry up and sign-up, Im afraid to confront my mom bout it again, with out some positive reinforcement :huh:

By that you mean I don kevlar and my daedric claymore of fire and come to your house? Wait... no, not again.