how come scopless is dead lately

you know what's funny? I was never really a "pubber."

When I started out in CS about 4 years ago, the first server I played on was

because a friend recommended it to me. Then, after I joined my clan,

(which is no longer active), I started playing on that server, but would

always go back to the other server I played on first.

When Source was released, again, word of mouth, a friend found .gc. This

has been the ONLY Source server I've played on for any extended amount

of time... (meaning longer than 1-2 rounds).

Just thought I'd point that out... when you find a good thing, you stick with it.

In fact, I don't know what I'd do if y'all sqaushed this server...

well, perhaps finish Doom 3 or something...

or GT4 (ps2)

or GTA:SA

or HALO 2

all sitting on the shelf, unfinished, and dusty.... darned Counter Strike.... lol

Edited by {.s.D.s.} R!c0

Just thought I'd point that out... when you find a good thing, you stick with it.

In fact, I don't know what I'd do if y'all sqaushed this server...

well, perhaps finish Doom 3 or something...

or GT4 (ps2)

or GTA:SA

or HALO 2

all sitting on the shelf, unfinished, and dusty.... darned Counter Strike.... lol

yea my xbox hasnt been in use, in a little over a year....thats when i started playing CSS.

I don't think bringing in alot of pubbers is what the server needs. One of the reasons I like GC servers is they are usually more than half reg or members. When I joined GC over the summer the servers were always full of regs, it was too much of a pain to get in for people who didn't know.

We do have to keep in mind that many of us came in as pubbers. Pubbers are where regulars come from, and eventually where new members come from too. It's good to see a lot of familiar names, but it's good to see some fresh players too.

Well I obviously realize that we need to get some pubbers in, but as you read in the welcome threads when someone that is going to join hits a GC server they usually stick. In fact alot of them shell out the cash within a few days or weeks of playing. I don't think including maps the regulars don't like is a good idea just because it will bring in pubbers. If the servers are running well(low lag and loss, plenty of admins and good maps), there will be plenty of pubers trolling through the last few spots to get subscriptions up, and the regs will be much happier also. The environment is entirely different when the server is half regs than when there are just a few of us. I think peopple are attracted by the environment when it is mostly regs not mostly pubbers.

I would like to suggest a longer map rotation including repeats of the classics. Such as the rotation now three times, with train, galleria and another custom mixed in between the cycles. It would let people play the maps they personally liked sometimes but not have to sit through the ones they did not as much. I could play galleria once a night, but when I got to it the second or third time I would find myself moving to another server. I think the current lineup just lacks variety. What about throwing an FY in? With ten win limit something like Iceworld would only last 5-10 minutes. The people who like it get their fill, but those who don't won't leave the server because it is so short. Maybe doing that causes some sort of complication, but if it doesn't I don't understand why it isn't done already.

I woul also like to see the cash punishment for TKs removed. I think significantly less people are forgiving, and some people punish even when they know it was an accident or their fault.

Edited by AIMbot 2.0 BETA Tester

(edited)
I woul also like to see the cash punishment for TKs removed. I think significantly less people are forgiving, and some people punish even when they know it was an accident or their fault.

one thing about the cash punishment it doesn't even do anything for when someone tk's a teammate they lose their cash so how is that "30%" going to the reciever of the tk when their 30% is of 0.

unless i am mistaken when you tk someone you lose all your cash or do you not?

Edited by Demoner

Oh this servers not going anywhere. I'm thinking about a couple ideas for the map rotations, kinda thinking along the lines of introducing some variety but not too much. Mainly just break the routine of the same maps over and over again.

ok im back from spring break :( .

Ice, the LA's should consider breakiing up russka/militia. OR at least moving russka out of the # 1 slot on the

maplist. the reason being is every time an admin changes the map the server will automatically go back to the

top of the maplist after that map is played. get it? :unsure:

so putting Dust2 at #1 could help curb some of the slide :D

bad gammer = Brew

(edited)

Most of the non regulars use this option, but sometimes some of the same people are getting tk'ed a few times in a row. That can get real annoying, espically when its the same person. Coming from someone that seems to make alot of tk's, i dont get my cash taken very much. I say leave this option, some people join the game just to tk.

Edited by Warpig

There's a mani setting that prevents it from restarting the map cycle after a custom map. You can make it go to the next unplayed map in the cycle. SJ put it on the West & AIM servers.

Sweet!

so putting Dust2 at #1 could help curb some of the slide :D

I think time has told that whatever starts off the cycle is gonna get stale in people's minds pretty fast, since a night with an admin changing maps could look like this:

sweet map

dust2

sweet map

dust2 (again? complaints start)

sweet map

dust2 (for one round only)

After a little bit of that people are going to be sick of seeing whatever is coming up. A little while back this was typically italy.

There's a mani setting that prevents it from restarting the map cycle after a custom map. You can make it go to the next unplayed map in the cycle. SJ put it on the West & AIM servers.
Ice-

in the leadadmin.cfg:

// The following cvar controls how the mapcycle is calculated

// 0 = standard Valve map cycle,

// 1 = if you don't want your mapcycle to reset to the first in the

// list when moving to a map not in the cycle,

// 2 = random cycle (uses mani_vote_dont_show_last_maps cvar to exclude

// last maps played)

// 3 = skip to the next unplayed map in the map cycle list until all maps

// have been played when it is reset.

mani_mapcycle_mode 3

(edited)

So... um Militia took the server from full to 4 ppl. After the map, it took two more maps to get us close to being full again. Any chance we can avoid this in the future by taking the map out of rotation now?

Edited by duma

one thing about the cash punishment it doesn't even do anything for when someone tk's a teammate they lose their cash so how is that "30%" going to the reciever of the tk when their 30% is of 0.

unless i am mistaken when you tk someone you lose all your cash or do you not?

You lose money automatically as a penalty for tk'ing (like when you kill a hostage). If someone chooses to take your money after a tk, that is in addition to the penalty. But real men forgive accidental tk's, so it shouldn't be a problem on GC :D

we go thru this weekly.

Bottom line:

There are maps that people like.

There are maps that people DON'T like.

Consistent; you CANNOT please everyone.

Consistent; you CANNOT upset everyone.

Which is why I said before... put ALL of the maps you have on the server

IN THE ROTATION.

Many of us old school players LOVE many of the standard maps that

NEVER get played anymore (chateau, havana, assault, prodigy, etc.)

This server gets enough traffic on a daily basis that if someone (or someone(s)

don't like a particular map (militia, italy (like me), cbble etc) they can leave

for a map. It's not going to kill anyone to have to wait thru one or 2 maps

that you don't like.

What this accomplishes:

How many times per night is this server on office, dust2 and italy? About a thousand.

With all the great maps that are available, why in the world is the rotation so

incredibly tiny? I understand that this isn't my server, nor would I suggest

anything that would make me lose "favor" here... but really, think about it.

This discussion is done over and over, and for the same reasons; one or

two people don't like a certain map (and that's probably because they're not good at it.)

Solutions (suggested):

GET BETTER AT CSS... there's no way you're ever going to like any map if every time it comes on, you pout and leave.

LEARN TO ENJOY DIFFERENT MAPS... what fun is it to play the same 3-5 maps repeatedly... this is in direct connection to the above suggestion. The reason that people don't like other maps is because the NEVER PLAY THEM.

PUT ALL THE MAPS YOU HAVE IN THE ROTATION... there is an admin on pretty much any time of the gaming day... if people really don't wanna play a map... VOTE... this is America... we invented the idea.

This is really kinda silly to keep going over this repeatedly.

IP: 216.86.154.200:27015

Name: GAMERSCOALITION.COM *100TIC* #2 SCOPELESS Midwest FF

Slots: 24 Players + 3 reserves

Last Updated: 03/16/2006

Server Events:

Open Sight Slaughter - open to public sign up to join, more info

Saturday Custom Map Night - every Saturday at 9:00 pm EST, click more info and downloads

Mortal Combat! - Every Wednesday Night at 10 EST, click for forums and more info

Current Map Cycles:

Morning 9am EST

de_dust2, de_nuke, de_aztec, cs_militia, cs_italy, de_dust, cs_office, de_cbble

Afternoon 12pm

de_dust2, de_russka, cs_italy, de_nuke, cs_office, de_piranesi, de_cbble, cs_militia

PrimeTime 5pm

de_dust2, de_russka, de_nuke, cs_office, de_cpl_fire, de_piranesi, de_cbble, de_losttemple, de_clan_mill_beta, cs_italy, de_inferno

After Hours 11pm

cs_milita, cs_italy, de_aztec, de_nuke, de_dust2, de_cbble, cs_office

Late Night 2am

de_nuke, cs_militia, cs_italy, de_inferno, de_eminence, de_dust2, cs_office